Cincinnati Babies
Options

nbr: direct tv question

I think we're going to bite the bullet and go with direct tv...  however, supposedly they want a CC to tie to the account.  I'd rather not do this as we just don't use them, so I don't monitor that account as much as my debit (I'm OCD about my checking acct and verify it daily).  I'm nervous about misc charges. 

Anyway, will they take a credit/debit card?  And what kind of hold do they put on your acct, and how long does it last?  thanks

Re: nbr: direct tv question

• Options
    When they asked for a credit card, I gave them my debit card and they ran it through as credit. They did a pre-authorization for the lease amount for the boxes and then when it was installed, it went through. Although, we ordered ours on one day and they came out to install it the next.
  • Options

I think like pp said if you give them your debit card they'll run it as credit, but it'll work. 

Oh, and we got direct TV last week and LOVE it so far.  We got the NFL package deal and have the premium package for the moment.  We'll probably downgrade once football season is over.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we used our debit card and have had no issues with it. if you haven't already pulled the plug on it and need a referral, pm me on here or message me on facebook and i'll give you ours. i think if you use a referral code, you get $100 and we get $100. at least that's what the commercials used to say. lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"