Single Parents
Options

Ugh, days like today make me wish I wasn't alone.

Jake is sick, I'm pretty sure he has an ear infection, and I'm waiting for the pedi's office to open. He's pretty miserable. :(

Now I'm running around calling daycare, calling work, trying to make arangements.

I'm really hoping it's an ear infection, he'll be back at daycare tomorrow. I can't really afford to take much more time off.

What are your backup plans when it comes to work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh, days like today make me wish I wasn't alone.

• Options

I'm military so the one good thing is about it is that I can take off in order to take care of my little man.  Not any help, I know.  sorry.  Hope your little one gets to feeling better.

• Options

I hear ya! I hope he feels better soon :(   Poor little guy.  I don't have backup plans- it's always me.  There have been 4 times that I can remember that dd was sick/recovering from surgery for extended periods of time. I had to miss a week of work at each of these times.

At my previous job I had to take the time without pay.  I asked the lawyer if xh could have to pay me half of my lost wages since he wouldn't help take care of her (he has hundreds of hours of sick time) and they said no. I was so pissed!!! Not like she can go to daycare....  Luckily now I have good benefits and a lot of sick days and I try to save them all for dd just in case!

Not that I would leave her when she was super sick, but towards the end of the week after her surgery or when she is running a slight temp but is acting super fine?  Would be nice if he could help.  The only good thing is that my mom is home two days per week so if its one of her days off she will take dd for me (as long as not super sick that she just wants me) so I can work.

Is your work understanding at least?  I hate when they make you feel guilty, as if you are happy about it!!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am sorry J is sick!

I have the ability to work from home so I have done this several times when DS was sick. 

I also have my grandparents who are willing to watch him, if need be.

I am sorry you are dealing with this and hope he feels better soon.

• Options
    I hope he is feeling better!
  • Options
    I am very fortunate because DD is watched by family when I work so even if she is sick I don't have to take too much time off work.  Hope he feels better soon! Wish I had backup plan Ideas for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"