Cincinnati Babies
Options

moving companies

We are debating Uhaul/moving helpers vs movers for our move. We need to unload a 10x 20 storage unit and our apt and take it to the new house (about 20 miles round trip). I just got a two men and truck estimate. Any other suggestions?? (BTW-its fairfield to monroe ohio)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: moving companies

• Options
    We used Hercules, not sure what their number is, but they were VERY reasonable, efficient and overall nice guys..
  • Options
    We used Valley Moving and Storage.  They were awesome.  We had some issues at the last minute and they were VERY accommodating and helpful, the secretary even gave me her personal cell phone number.  DH said the movers were great and everything arrived in 1 piece.  We would use them again in a heartbeat. 
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used D&R Movers and hated them.  They were horrible.  All My Sons was worse than D&R. 

I've also used Two Men & a Truck and been nothing but happy.

FWIW, I will never ever use a uhaul again and will always hire movers.  You will not regret forking over the $$ for the services. 

• Options
    We rented a Uhaul and used Move Cheap.  I read reviews and felt positive about using them.  I felt like they took extra long though and didn't set up our furniture at the new house, just carried things to the rooms.  I felt like only one of the guys really knew what he was doing.  MIL said she used Gibson several times and they set up her beds and everything.  I loved having the Uhaul for 24 hours, but overall I wish we would have just hired someone to do everything that would have been more efficient.  They also brought along a "newbie" who conveniently turned one of our huge garage cabinets on it's side and landed on one of our end tables - it was just a cheapie Target $80 table and they compensated me for it, but not for the garage cabinet that was cracked because it is particle board.  It took me nearly 2 months to get my money for the broken table after multiple phone calls.  It was just a hassle.  So I do not recommend Move Cheap :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used Two Men and a Truck and had a great experience.  they moved our condo and a storage unit, and put furniture in place.  We have a 2 story home and a basement, so having people quickly move stuff into place despite the stairs is worth every single penny. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"