Trouble TTC

RE Appointment & high FSH

I met with my RE today to go over all my labs and tests.  MY FSH levels are as high as a 35 year old woman.  So my body is aging a lot faster than I really am (just 25).  I am really bummed and shocked...this is not at all what I expected.  The Dr thinks we will probably go right to IUIs or IVF.  I am starting prometrium tonight to start a cycle so they can do CD3 b/w to confirm the elevated FSH levels (and this is not due to ovulation - they checked that out today).  My Dr did his best to comfort me, telling me if this is what is going on we can treat it, etc....but it I am kind of scared/anxious.  Anyone else dealing with high FSH levels?

Re: RE Appointment & high FSH

• Hey now!  Quit knockin' the 35+ers!! Wink

I'm sorry you got bad results :(  Do you know what your level was?  If you haven't had it tested on CD3, it's hard to say if it's actually high.  Could this be the case?

Good luck and (((hugs)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have high FSH.  Well, I had high FSH when it was tested at my OB's office.  The last few times it has been tested it has been normal.  Apparently they consider your highest test as the most important in determining how you will respond to stim drugs.  

My RE doesn't look at FSH alone because it fluctuates a lot.  He looks at FSH in conjunction with estradiol levels.  He also ran AMH and inhibin B blood tests and did an AFC (antral follicle count) to determine that I am DOR.  So, we went straight to IVF.  I just started stims today.

What was your last FSH?  Was it done on CD3? 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • imagegymnst1013:

Hey now!  Quit knockin' the 35+ers!! Wink

I'm sorry you got bad results :(  Do you know what your level was?  If you haven't had it tested on CD3, it's hard to say if it's actually high.  Could this be the case?

Good luck and (((hugs)))

He didn't tell me what the number was.  I went in for b/w, happened to be CD 14, but it was like 4 days after they had done an u/s and I had no dominant follicle, they counted about 18+ in each ovary, so he didn't think the high number was due to ovulation and that was confirmed today through more b/w.  He said it is something he is concerned about, but I will be going in on CD 3 in the next couple weeks, just took my first prometrium pill.  I am hoping it was just a freak thing but IF surprises me all the time.  I would never knock the 35+ers, just wish my body would slow down a little Smile

• imageSTL34:

I have high FSH.  Well, I had high FSH when it was tested at my OB's office.  The last few times it has been tested it has been normal.  Apparently they consider your highest test as the most important in determining how you will respond to stim drugs.  

My RE doesn't look at FSH alone because it fluctuates a lot.  He looks at FSH in conjunction with estradiol levels.  He also ran AMH and inhibin B blood tests and did an AFC (antral follicle count) to determine that I am DOR.  So, we went straight to IVF.  I just started stims today.

What was your last FSH?  Was it done on CD3? 

Thank you for this.  I think I am freaking myself out by googling, but this gives me hope that maybe they will come back normal.  They are checking everything out on CD3 - I just started prometrium tonight.  It was just crazy to hear that we may go straight to IVF, you know?

• imageirotas08:
    imagegymnst1013:

Good luck and (((hugs)))

He didn't tell me what the number was.  I went in for b/w, happened to be CD 14, but it was like 4 days after they had done an u/s and I had no dominant follicle, they counted about 18+ in each ovary, so he didn't think the high number was due to ovulation and that was confirmed today through more b/w.  He said it is something he is concerned about, but I will be going in on CD 3 in the next couple weeks, just took my first prometrium pill.  I am hoping it was just a freak thing but IF surprises me all the time.  I would never knock the 35+ers, just wish my body would slow down a little Smile

According to my RE AFC is much more important than FSH.  While AFC should be done around CD3, it is hard to imagine yours would be low if you had 18+ follicles per ovary!  Good luck with your upcoming tests.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions when your results come in. 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• imageSTL34:
    imageirotas08:
    imagegymnst1013:

Good luck and (((hugs)))

According to my RE AFC is much more important than FSH.  While AFC should be done around CD3, it is hard to imagine yours would be low if you had 18+ follicles per ovary!  Good luck with your upcoming tests.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions when your results come in. 

Thank you!!

• If you had 18 follicles on each ovary, I highly doubt you have DOR issues.  Also, I always thought FSH was to be done on cd3 so that it doesn't give false results. I really don't think you have anything to worry about at all. I would wait until you get some more information.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"