2nd Trimester

hard lump in lower abdomen

I've been feeling a small hard bump just slightly above my pubic bone to the right a bit. The bump comes and goes (mostly at night) but when it's there it feels a little sore but not painful. It's definitely not the "fluttery" kicks I've read other people say they have when they can feel their baby. I have a fetal doppler at home and when I place it directly on the bulge I clearly get a strong baby heartbeat.

So it must be the baby then, right? But why would it bulge out like that and not in the middle of my uterus? Does this have anything with the way the baby has implanted itself in my uterus? Just wondering if anyone has experienc the same thing.

Re: hard lump in lower abdomen

• The baby moves around as it pleases. For example, when I wake up in the morning, it likes to hang out on my right side in a ball. To the point where it looks like I have a softball near my hip. Later in the day, the LO moves near my spine, and at night it's nearmy bellybutton. I'm sure the "bulge" you're seeing is the baby! How's the fetal doppler working out for you?
    ~ Mrs. G
  • It's hard to believe since I am only 15 wks and I haven't felt any flutters yet, but it obviously must be the baby since I am getting a strong heartbeat. I just worry he/she is implanted weird or something since it is a little sore. I'm probably overreacting but I have a bicornuate uterus so I am just wondering if this is typical or if I should call the doc. I have an appt next week though, so just trying to decide if I should hold out until then.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always had a harder bulge on the left side near the end of 1st tri/early 2nd tri. That's where I first started feeling movement at 16 weeks. Now that she's bigger my bump is more uniform in rigidity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The fetal dopplar is awesome, btw. It's great to have the reassurance between monthly appts!
  • imageHyfagal:
    I always had a harder bulge on the left side near the end of 1st tri/early 2nd tri. That's where I first started feeling movement at 16 weeks. Now that she's bigger my bump is more uniform in rigidity.

Good to know. Mine is way off to the right and looks funny when I lay flat!

• I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like I have a hard lump in there. It shifts all the time and notice it when I'm laying down the most. 

When I was having a check up at the OB's office he was looking for the heartbeat and he didn't find it until he put it over where I was feeling the lump. Haha!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"