December 2010 Moms

pedicures?

Is it safe to get a pedicure while pregnant?

Re: pedicures?

• yes! I've had a few done so far, and my 8 1/2 mos pregnant cousin is getting one as we speak.  Go get one and enjoy it!!
  • Better be. I'm getting one Friday with my sister and she's further along than I am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's fine to, you just have to let them know you are pregnant. Sometimes when massaging your feet, they massage in between your ankle and your foot (I think that's the spot) and it can trigger pre-term labor. SO, when you go, just inform them that you are pregnant so they know not to massage that one specific area.

Have fun!! Big Smile

• imageCRFJAG:

It wasn't in the packet of guidelines that my OB gave me, so I consider it fair game and plan on scheduling a deluxe one for the afternoon of my first day back to school, complete with hot stone massage.

Pedicure = fine

Hot stone massage = not ok. Check with your place but mine won't do this. In fact the first thing they ask is if you are pregnant. Combination of the heat and the specific massage are not good. You can get a pregnancy massage though.

• I'm late with this response but...

I actually work in a spa and there is a HUGE amount of ladies who come in throughout their pregnancy, I even had a lady give birth hours after her treatment!! she thanked me saying I did it but technically there is no "proof" of it being harmful!  I think it would be cruel if we couldn't....pedicures just feel so good!

• I get them done regularly but just let the people know I'm pregnant, as PP says so they are careful of the pressure points.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"