3rd Trimester

Desperate for opinions! (long, sorry!)

This is my first time to post on the boards.  I apologize for the length of my post, but I really need all the opinions I can get.  Thanks! I was at my in-laws last night showing them some pictures on facebook when I saw an update from my cousin, who is also expecting and due in Dec (a month after me).  Her post said that her husband was able to feel Brianna move.  I was completely shocked because our top name choice is Brianne, and I have never discussed names with her (it isn?t a family name either). And now I don?t know if I even like it as much! This isn't the first time something like this has happened with us.  We both got engaged and married within a few weeks of one another, we almost chose the same bridesmaid dresses, our wedding colors were identical, the flowers were practically the same, as well as the cake- all without any prior discussion.  My family, including DH, thinks it?s ok to still use Brianne for our daughter.  I think otherwise.  I feel like it takes away from the ?specialness? and uniqueness of our daughter.  I know I?m being selfish but I don?t want anyone I know to use the same name we do, especially when it?s another family member and they?re born only a month apart.  Am I being ridiculous?  Would you stick with the name or choose a different one?  Please help!

Re: Desperate for opinions! (long, sorry!)

• I'd probably pick another one. It would be weird having two girls with the same name at all family events... you both seem to have good taste though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I personally would try to find another name that I loved just as much if not more and if I couldnt find one so be it I would stick with the original.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you love the name and that is what you want to name your daughter, then do so.  Assuming your daughter will be born before hers, let her deal with it.  If it makes you feel any better Brianne is such a pretty name and far nicer than Brianna Wink 
  • If you are really feeling like you are sold on it, you should call her ASAP and lightheadedly tell her that you picked almost the same exact name. I would just start laughing and be like....what the hell is up with us?  

If you are sold on it, go with it....if not, try to find something else. 

• Since your baby is due first, you get dibs on the name!  If anything it will look like she copied you... and, you don't even know how serious they are about the name.  What if they ended up changing it??? You would probably be kicking yourself for not going with the name you love. 

• I would stick to the name.  It's not exactly the same just comes from the same roots.  Brianne is cuter than Brianna as pp stated, I agree.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I changed the name we originally picked because we remembered that my DH has a cousin with a child that shares that name.

We aren't close in distance to each other and her daughter is way older, but I still didn't want two in the family.

Since it isn't a family name and doesn't sound like you are completely set on it being your daughter's name, I would change it.  You might end up liking the new one even more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"