Attachment Parenting
Options

DD just wants to be alone :(

What a weird day!

Usually DD wants to be held/played with 24/7! She only started tolerating being put on her playmat or swing and usually freaked out after about 10 min. Almost all naps are in my arms or in crib (if she is REALLY asleep first!).

Today however DD has wanted nothing to do with anyone! Whenever I try to hold or wear her she starts crying and doesn't stop until I put her on her mat or in her swing & leave her alone! If I try to play with her on the mat she gets annoyed and fussy.....but if I walk away she coos & "plays" with her toys!  All naps have been in the swing  :(

I should be enjoying the break (since I'm sure she will be back to normal tomorrow!)......but I miss my baby girl!! Anyone else's LO have days where they want to be alone?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DD just wants to be alone :(

• Options

Hee hee - I posted pretty much the same thing here 2 weeks ago. She's over it now. I had to carry her all over the house while cleaning up when I got home from work today. "This is how we sort the laundry - that's blue so it goes in this basket, that's daddy's smelly lawn-mowing shirt so it goes WAY over here."

For the time being, enjoy watching her play. I tried to get some video of her when she was kicking at her toys and telling them all her thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your little girl is beautiful!

My DD was much older before she had much inclination for that kind of independence.  She'll probably be back to her usual self soon.  In the meantime, have fun watching her from a distance you don't usually get!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"