Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diff between Marathon and Boulevard?

I did a compare on Britax's website, and the only difference I can tell is the side wings on the Boulevard. Is there any other difference? Do you have a preference? We don't have any where close that sells Britax, so I can't look at them in person. I'm a little nervous about buying one without seeing it, so I'm trying to find out all I can online.

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diff between Marathon and Boulevard?

• Baby Bargains actually has a chart comparing Britax carseats.

Marathon- costs around 250, weight limit is 65, height limit is 49, It has no side impact, and you have to rethread the harness, it does have HUGS.

boulevard- costs around 310, has the same weight and height as the marathon, but it does have side impact and you don't have to rethread the harness (which are the two differences), and it also has HUGS

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • The pp mentioned the differences-we went with the marathon b/c I have heard that kids tend to lean in front of the wings b/c it obstructs their view which ultimately defeats their purpose.  The harness is so easy to readjust and it even without the wings, it still is curves around LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • image*Amy*:
    The pp mentioned the differences-we went with the marathon b/c I have heard that kids tend to lean in front of the wings b/c it obstructs their view which ultimately defeats their purpose.  The harness is so easy to readjust and it even without the wings, it still is curves around LO.

We have a Boulevard and for what it's worth my DD has never done this.  If the straps are tightened appropriately they wouldn't be able to lean forward enough to see around the wings.

The side impact protection is what did it for me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • side impact vote here too!  We love our boulevard (and so does DD) and DD can see out the window fine.  She uses the head wings as a pillow sometimes too.  Plus, what pushed me over the edge was a fabulous deal on allbebaby on a closeout pattern that I loved for a steal!  But if you do this, check the date the seat was made because of the car seat expiration and stuff.  We got lucky, ours was made that month, whew!
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• imagerosesandpeonies:
    Marathon- costs around 250, weight limit is 65, height limit is 49, It has no side impact, and you have to rethread the harness, it does have HUGS.

First, it's incorrect to say that the Marathon has "no side impact."  It is, however, correct to say that the Marathon doesn't have what Britax terms "true side impact protection" which are the wings others have referred to. 

Second, the new Marathon (2010 version that is currently being sold) has the no-rethread harnesses like the Boulevard.  The weight limit is 70 pounds now.

• imageSL122:

imagerosesandpeonies:

First, it's incorrect to say that the Marathon has "no side impact."  It is, however, correct to say that the Marathon doesn't have what Britax terms "true side impact protection" which are the wings others have referred to. 

Second, the new Marathon (2010 version that is currently being sold) has the no-rethread harnesses like the Boulevard.  The weight limit is 70 pounds now.

took it right out of the chart in the new baby bargains book. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • imagerosesandpeonies:
    took it right out of the chart in the new baby bargains book. 

Fine, but it's old, incorrect information.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"