Toddlers: 24 Months+

Another "which wall paint" question... PIP

We want our boring, white living room to have some color. 
It does feature cathedral ceilings and a corner black marble fireplace.
Unfortunately...we have GREEN carpet. 
I would like to have a good accent color behind that corner fireplace wall, and the rest of the room another color. WWYD based on this color chart?
I am open to wild or different colors. 
TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Another "which wall paint" question... PIP

• I plan on painting an accent wall. Have you checked out the paint by Ralph Lauren? He has paint that when dried, looks like suede. That's what I'm going for. They have nice colors
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLaLaSweets:
    I plan on painting an accent wall. Have you checked out the paint by Ralph Lauren? He has paint that when dried, looks like suede. That's what I'm going for. They have nice colors

No, I haven't yet. It looks like suede? Nice! I will have to check that out.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageeesome:

imageLaLaSweets:
    I plan on painting an accent wall. Have you checked out the paint by Ralph Lauren? He has paint that when dried, looks like suede. That's what I'm going for. They have nice colors

No, I haven't yet. It looks like suede? Nice! I will have to check that out.  

Yes, my aunt has like a rust color and I wanna keep touching it lol
  • imageLaLaSweets:
    Yes, my aunt has like a rust color and I wanna keep touching it lol

Neat! Rust color actually might work for my living room...just on the accent wall. Hmmm...now my gears are turning. ; ) 

• Oh man that floor really limits :(  If the fireplace were not black and the couch were not a dark brown I would be all crazy and add in different ocean colored pastels. 

Another option might be a forest green accent wall and than maybe khaki regular walls.

Of course I suck at this type of thing so don't ask me for advice Wink 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • image*francisca*:

Oh man that floor really limits :(  If the fireplace were not black and the couch were not a dark brown I would be all crazy and add in different ocean colored pastels. 

Another option might be a forest green accent wall and than maybe khaki regular walls.

Of course I suck at this type of thing so don't ask me for advice Wink 

Tell me about it! If we could afford it, the green carpet would be gone.
    I do like the idea of a forest green and khaki. I will have to choose a green that does not make the black fireplace look bad, though. Maybe with LaLa's suggestion of using a Ralph Lauren color base, this may be doable.
    Look-- obviously I suck at it too...that is why I'm asking! lol
    Thanks! : ) 

• I like the khaki colored walls, or maybe even a shade lighter than the drapes. Do you get a lot of natural light in there? If so, you could probably get away with a color lighter than the drapes, if not, then go with the khaki color. Then maybe do some accessories in bright pops of color.
  • I am dying to see this carpet. Is it really the shade of green that you posted?
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelovemytwoboys:
    I am dying to see this carpet. Is it really the shade of green that you posted?

Pretty close in the light. Here...I took a pic.

NOTE: It's dark in the office, so this is with the overhead lamp on it. 

• imagestacinsean:
    I like the khaki colored walls, or maybe even a shade lighter than the drapes. Do you get a lot of natural light in there? If so, you could probably get away with a color lighter than the drapes, if not, then go with the khaki color. Then maybe do some accessories in bright pops of color.

Yes, we have the sliding glass doors to the deck, and the light from the bay windows in the kitchen. We only use lamps at night.
    I agree that a few shades lighter than the drapes may look pretty good. Decisions, decisions...painting makes me nervous! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"