Cloth Diapering

Please Help

I'm seriously considereing switching to CD.  DD has had diaper rash after diaper rash with disposables.  We've tried every type of disposables out there & for awhile Pampers were the only ones not causing a rash.  Now they are too.  I just can't stand it anymore.  I change her diaper all the time and it still isn't helping.  What CD's do you recomend?

Re: Please Help

• I use sweetdollbaby, but I was wondering- Do you use powder? DS got a few rashes early on (even when we were using cloth) until we started using powder, and now he doesn't get them anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Does she have any scaly dry skin patches anywhere (not diaper area)? It may be a dairy issue if so, and could still be if not.  CD's are the best way to go, but in the meantime, you can mix up some diaper ointment that should help.  Get Triple Paste (in the tube, as it's easier to squeeze out into another container), polysporin (NOT neosporin/triple antibiotic), lotrimin AF for athlete's foot, and about 5-6 drops of tea tree oil.  Apply at each changing.  DO NOT USE WITH CLOTH.  If she has any eczema (dry scaly skin), replace her dairy with soy milk and see if it helps as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use:

Flips

BG Organic OS

BG 4.0 Pockets

We love them all, but the Flips are the cheapest and work well for us. That being said, I like having a variety. The organics and pockets are great for overnight. The Flips are great during the day and on the go. 

ETA: FWIW, my LO never gets diaper rash unless I put 'sposies on him. Also, I bought my stash from Cotton Babies & had a great experience. GL! 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We use Bumgenius 3.0 one size, some prefolds with covers for DD, and fuzzibunz perfect size for DS. Cottonbabies is having a clearance on their seconds (slightly defective diapers--but usable). I would buy a couple from there and see what you think. 

GL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"