Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Why did the Bump create a pampers board?

Does anyone know? Have you seen the board? I found it today and it's a hot mess. It's weird that 1) the Bump would allow a sponsored board, 2) create an forum for moms to talk about not just a product (diapers) but a specific brand of a product, and 3) invite the fury of moms who's babies were (allegedly) burned by the said sponsor. Strange, strange, strange...

And if Pampers thought it would be a good marketing/pr solution, well... that backfired. Go take a look if you haven't seen it yet - it's called "Connecting with Pampers."

Re: Why did the Bump create a pampers board?

• Options

The cloth diapering board started as the pampers board, but got taken over by cloth diaper questions.

I'm sure Pampers did it as a gesture of goodwill trying to boost their image.

I agree, it has backfired.   

ETA:  As far as why the Bump did it, MONEY.  It makes the world go round and keeps the boards free. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pampers sponsored the "Diapering" board but it was taken over by CDs so they had to separate them so Pampers could get the attention (or in this case, fury) they were seeking in the first place.  I agree it's very strange.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huh. Okay. Well, I guess that explains it. It's actually kind of funny, when you think about it.
  • Options
    I remember a day when there were only about 20 boards to choose from... tops. hah
  • Options

I hate Pampers now. They ruined their stuff with Dry Max and Baby Dry (Alexandra got her one and only diaper rash at like 3.5 months after three days of wearing Baby Dry -- I won't go NEAR Dry Max), and they are very expensive. I got kinda irritated when I saw it was a Pampers board because I was like, damn, they probably charge cover just to get on that board.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"