1st Trimester

Prometrium...

Any ideas, good or bad about this? Any good or bad experiences with this?
I'm looking online but everything says don't take it pregnant...doesn't that defeat the purpose of why I was just prescribed it?? :)

TIA!

Re: Prometrium...

• I'm on it, and have been for several months (before getting my BFP and still now) due to a low progesterone issue. My progesterone is now in normal range, but I will continue taking the prometrium to the end of 1st trimester.

My doctor told me that some sources say not to take during pregnancy, but that it is commonly prescribed during 1st trimester for low progesterone, and that it is fine.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• prometrium is fine. it is a progesterone supplement.

provera on the other hand, is something alot of women take to bring about their period if its been a very long cycle, etc.

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." - Calvin and Hobbes <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been taking it for two weeks. I also googled it after I got my prescription and saw some things that said not to take during pregnancy, but then I found a lot more forums where women were taking it. I figure I'm better off trusting my doc on this one.

At around 5 weeks my progesterone was 15.5 which I think is on the low side of normal.  My doc wanted to get it over 20 which is why I got the prescription. More recently my progesterone was 23.5 and I saw the heartbeat on Monday. So I'm hopeful that everything is working out as it should. I'm not sure how much I even need the prometrium, but I'm going to keep taking it until she says I can stop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • i was on it until week 16 with my son. trust your doctor, if they prescribe it then you likely need it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"