2nd Trimester
Options

excruciating, tearing pain inside abdomen!!!!

so i have been having a lot of pain lately and have been doing ok today. but just now i sat down and felt the same pain again. i was told at the hospital last week that they are pretty sure that i have adhesions on my previous c-section scar and that they are breaking down and stretching.

well when i sat down just now and felt the pain, i also felt a tearing feeling in the same spot and the pain wont go away. its hurting so bad that i cant breathe.

i called the hospital and they said that they cant reallt say anything unless they examine me. well the last time i was there, they really couldnt do anything because the only tests involve radiation and as we all know, thats a no no.

so do i grow some balls and call my dr at home or just go to the hospital or take the pain meds they prescribed and go to bed??????

TIA

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: excruciating, tearing pain inside abdomen!!!!

• Options

I know, I know I said I was going to bed but I had to pee and well, I'm up...

anyway, tearing feeling is never good, I'd call the dr or go to the ER....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would go to the hospital anyway and have them do a quick ultrasound to make sure everything is okay with the baby. If it is, then I'd be okay assuming it's the previous scar. Then I'd check with your OB before taking pain meds...but that's because I don't trust ER Doctors (no offense to anyone who is one or knows one, I just have not had good experiences).
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i get what is like RLP but worse...and I was told it was my adhesions also...but mine are not excruciating and unbearable...if you are that uncomfortable i would call the on call dr.  You really shouldn't be in that kind of pain.  I hope you feel better soon, but definitely just call your dr....they will send you in the right direction...because if you have to go to the hospital the dr. will tell them what is going on and what he wants them to do for you. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    imageLovingBaz:

I know, I know I said I was going to bed but I had to pee and well, I'm up...

anyway, tearing feeling is never good, I'd call the dr or go to the ER....

well so far i have no bleeding so im really thinking that the tearing was just my previous scar but i agree its not a good thing. and the pain is not going away.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

You should definitely get it checked out as soon as you can... It's better to be overly cautious than to regret not getting it looked at later on.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, and I really hope it's nothing serious and you can find some relief.  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Go now! Better safe than sorry, and better than waiting until 2 a.m.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemissfire:
    Go now! Better safe than sorry, and better than waiting until 2 a.m.

especially ssice DH is going to work at 11...... i just dont know of they can do anything. but i know your right. better safe than sorry. thanks all!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"