December 2010 Moms

tight tummy?

Hey there ladies!!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is feeling something similar to this...  For the past couple days I've been having a weird feeling in my tummy.  My entire bump gets hard and tight and I feel a weird sensation, almost like pressure or like I can feel the weight of the bump, but its not painful.  It only lasts for a minute or so, then feels normal again.  I was feeling it yesterday, then not this morning, but am again tonight.  Its almost like a wave that comes over my stomach then goes away for a while before coming back again.  My first concern was that I was having some sort of contraction, but its not painful, just strange and hard to describe.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!!

Re: tight tummy?

• i haven't had them, but those sound like braxton hicks contractions. hardening of the stomach with no pain.  it's typical (from what i've read) for your body to start practicing near the third trimester, some women start sooner.   there's only concern i think if there are like 4 or more in 1 hour, then call your MD, if you need re-assurance, then call the MD, that's what I would do if i was concerned.
  • Ditto PP. Definitely sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!! That web site is very informative.  That makes me feel a lot better.  I was planning on calling my doctor tomorrow just to be on the safe side, but I feel a lot less worried now.

I knew you ladies would have all the answers :)  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"