Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Does your daycare tell you if DC gets in trouble?

Yesterday DS told me he had to go to timeout.  I asked him why and he said that he punched Meadow. I have no idea if he is just making stuff up, because a few days before that, he told me that another boy had to go to timeout because he punched DS.

There was nothing written on his paper about any incidents, but I don't know if that's something they normally write down or not, this is the first DS has ever told me about going to time out. I think I'm going to call daycare at lunch, because I didn't want to bring it up in front of DS this morning and the director wasn't there yet. I don't want to make a huge deal, but at the same time if he is punching people, I would like to know so I can address it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Does your daycare tell you if DC gets in trouble?

• Options
    Ours does not, unless the offense results in an incident report (bite, fall, scratch, etc).  But if DS just has to go to timeout for hitting or not listening or something like that, I don't hear about it unless he tells me.  I'm sure if it was something that was becoming a problem, like constant hitting, they would let me know.  But not for random things.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, not for hitting.  If I ask how he was when I pick him up, they might mention if he had to go to time out.  Most of the time he rats himself out and tells us he had to go to time out for hitting so-and-so.  If it results in an injury, biting, scratching, etc, then I think we get a report.  They have called me both timed he was bitten, so I assume they will also call if he bites, etc.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, they let me know if he was not playing nicely with his friends even if there is no incident report. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes. My sitter will tell the parents if their child acts up or is in time out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our school will if it results in injury. I did walk in the other day and she was in time out for putting blocks in her mouth after being asked not to many times. Today I got an incident report because she was bitten by another kid and then she told me that the child pushed her too before the teacher could get a word out.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My nanny does but I always expect a full report before she leaves.  
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"