3rd Trimester

34/35 week Appointment

My appointment is on thursday and will be 35 weeks on friday.  Now do I get an internal at this appointment?  Or will occur at my next?  I'm hoping it won't be this week because I need to go get waxed, and I obviously can't see and DH is OOT so I can't have him do it!..Lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 34/35 week Appointment

• It really depends on the Dr. I have my GBS swap at 35 weeks so my OB is going to check my cervix as well.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • I wouldn't want them screwing around with it until I was full term....unless it was medically necessary.  My nephew was born at 36 weeks and spent 2/3 weeks in NICU so his lungs would develop.
  • Loading the player...
  • J+MSJ+MS member

imageamandainma:
    I wouldn't want them screwing around with it until I was full term....unless it was medically necessary.  My nephew was born at 36 weeks and spent 2/3 weeks in NICU so his lungs would develop.

Are you saying your nephew was born early because of an internal??

OP, my 35 week appointment is friday and I'm getting the GBS swab, an U/s and an internal. It just depends on how your doc practices. 

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • It totally depends on your docs office. I had my GBS last Friday @ 36 weeks when they started my weekly internals.
  • I was told my first internal will be at 36 weeks but every place is different. I haven't heard of anybody getting an internal before 35 weeks though.
  • I had my first internal today, and will be getting them at every appointment from here on out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • imageJ+MS:

imageamandainma:
    I wouldn't want them screwing around with it until I was full term....unless it was medically necessary.  My nephew was born at 36 weeks and spent 2/3 weeks in NICU so his lungs would develop.

Are you saying your nephew was born early because of an internal??

OP, my 35 week appointment is friday and I'm getting the GBS swab, an U/s and an internal. It just depends on how your doc practices. 

No, no, sorry I wasn't very clear ....he was born early because of other issues. My practice doesn't usually do the internals until the very end b/c of risks. Some say it can cause contractions or increase the risk of infection. So, just saying I personally wouldn't want an internal before I was full term....just not worth the risk for me.  :)

• Good to know, maybe I won't be getting since I'm at risk of PTL.  Thanks Ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I begin getting them at my 36week appointment and from there on.
    CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • imageearthboundmisfit:
    It really depends on the Dr. I have my GBS swap at 35 weeks so my OB is going to check my cervix as well.

This is what my doctor does. And, she just checks w/o asking . . . I don't know if she wants to know for the records or just goes ahead and checks since she's doing the swab anyway or what. I'm always curious so I've never asked her not to check. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"