Snarky and T-TTC

Have you ever?

Have you ever done something baby related even though you're not pregnant and you really shouldn't be getting your hopes up that you will be soon?

I bought a beginner's quilting kit the other day with fabric and everything... you know... just in case I ever need it for a nursery....  I justified it because a friend of mine is pregnant, but I secretly have no intention of making it for her. 

Is this deranged? 

Anniversary

TTC #1 Off of HBC December 09 Dx PCOS, no ovulation, HSG + SIS normal 9/4: 100 mg clomid + ovidrel trigger: BFN 10/15: Gonal-f (75 IU, 112.5 IU, 150 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 11/15: Gonal-f (112.5 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 12/17: Gonal-f (112.5 IU, 150 IU): cycle canceled due to no response IVF #1: 1/18 start BCP, 2/1 start Lupron, 2/10 start stimming, 2/20 ER, 2/15 ET, 3/6 beta 1: 216, 3/8 beta 2: 420 *saifw*

Re: Have you ever?

• About 10 months after we started trying, I saw the cutest baby hat and bought it.  I hid it in my car (where it stayed for two more years).  I would take it out every once in a while to look at it then feel sad and put it back in the car trunk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Every tuesday I go to the local goodwill and buy cute maternity clothes. I go home, wash them, fold them and put them in a box...

It makes me sad, but I can't stop. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageStacy-09/23/06:

About 10 months after we started trying, I saw the cutest baby hat and bought it.  I hid it in my car (where it stayed for two more years).  I would take it out every once in a while to look at it then feel sad and put it back in the car trunk.

I did the same thing with an "I love my daddy" bib.  H never knew I had it until one day we were unpacking groceries and he found it.  I forgot it was in there.

• I never have, but then again, I'm way to paranoid and superstitious about those types of things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i bought a tee that said "bun in the oven" when we first started TTC.  after a year, i stuffed it in the back of the closet, convinced i had jinxed myself.  after another year, i dug it out and threw it away. 
  • I never did. I just couldn't bring myself to have something sitting around, unused. To be honest, I still haven't bought anything. Embarrassed
  • I bought an I Love Daddy bib in hopes of giving it to DH to tell him I was pg some day.  After some time had passed, I also bought a couple onesies and hid them in the closet.  They mocked me for quite some time. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageroselln2:
    I never have, but then again, I'm way to paranoid and superstitious about those types of things.
    I keep thinking about it - not that superstition is really my problem, but then I know how sad I would be, so I don't. I did however, pick up the first two "What to Expect" at a garage sale. They gave them to me as a gift. Must have felt sorry for me. LOL
  • I have a little Gap bag that is getting more full. There are probably 10 things in there...it started with an OU pacifier...we bought it when we were engaged. Then I didn't buy anything for about a year and 1/2. Now, when I see things I just go ahead and get 'em. I think it's great to have hope!!
  • imageSerendipitie:
    imageroselln2:
    I never have, but then again, I'm way to paranoid and superstitious about those types of things.
    I keep thinking about it - not that superstition is really my problem, but then I know how sad I would be, so I don't. I did however, pick up the first two "What to Expect" at a garage sale. They gave them to me as a gift. Must have felt sorry for me. LOL

I'm a little superstitious, and DH keeps telling me to buy WTWYE, and I just can't. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"