TTC After a Loss
Options

I am proud of myself

I wanted to give an update on the my friend's nephew that I posted yesterday passed away after only a couple of weeks from complications from a rare form of leukemia and down syndrome. I went to the wake today and I actually held it together. Last night I was crying in bed just thinking about it and how her family must be feeling. I also had some anxiety then and today because I wasn't sure how I would react going to a wake with a baby size coffin. Either way I wanted to force myself to go because I feel like I am a strong person and I should put aside my issues to support my friend. On the drive I was on the verge of tears but when I got there I was ok because my friends were there and also the baby's mother was by the baby pictures with family sharing stories about him and smiling. I felt if she can be strong enough to smile at the memories of her LO then I will be ok. In the end I am really happy I went.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am proud of myself

• Options
    You deserve a huge pat on the back and hugs.  It is so wonderful that you were there for your friend and her family.  Lots of hugs to you!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    That's wonderful you were able to go and be supportive in their time of need - kudos to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure she was very grateful of your presence and support. Smile

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Wow--that's really hard.  I am proud of you too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had to go to that today. Way to be strong. HUGS
  • Options
    Wow, how sad for that family.  I'm proud of you too, that must have been so difficult.  I think its great you were able to be there for your friend! 
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options
    I'm so proud of you. I know I would have definitely lost it.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options

Your friend is very lucky to have someone as supportive as you. You are an incredibly strong person for going and I am glad that you feel peace in your decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"