Breastfeeding
Options

mucous in stool question-help pls

when you say mucous in stool, does the whole bowel or parts of it become mucousy? i have noticed LOs to have some string like Bowels in her stool, but it is mustard yellow just like all of her BMs. TIA!

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: mucous in stool question-help pls

• Options
    Does LO have a cold? DS has been having mucus in his stools because he has a stuffy nose and cold like the rest of our family.. His is just partly mucousy not entirely.
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  DD will have mucousy/sticky stools, less seedy when she has a runny nose. And they get greener.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby has mucousy stools.  I was really worried that she had some sort of food intolerance.  I talked to her pedi and she said that as long as the poop is yellow (not green and frothy) and has no blood then we are probably fine.  I cut out all dairy for over a week and her poop stayed the same.  So for now I am just assuming my baby has snotty poop..lol  Everything else is fine with her and she is gaining well and is generally happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagebancbev:
    My baby has mucousy stools.  I was really worried that she had some sort of food intolerance.  I talked to her pedi and she said that as long as the poop is yellow (not green and frothy) and has no blood then we are probably fine.  I cut out all dairy for over a week and her poop stayed the same.  So for now I am just assuming my baby has snotty poop..lol  Everything else is fine with her and she is gaining well and is generally happy.

Just FYI, it usually takes at *least* 2 weeks for dairy to be completely out of both your systems.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerodiesmum:
    when you say mucous in stool, does the whole bowel or parts of it become mucousy? i have noticed LOs to have some string like Bowels in her stool, but it is mustard yellow just like all of her BMs. TIA!

Teething drool is thicker, and will often show up as strings of clear mucous in stool.  Is is possible that your LO is beginning to teeth?  It can last a while - we've been working on the same three teeth for almost 3 months now, none have broken the surface. 

• Options
    thank you ladies. she doesnt nave a cold but there are days she seemd  yo be having nasal congestion

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"