Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Freaking out..calm me down (Long)

First off DH is at a work thing tonight and wasn't going to be back home for another hour. (8:30ish) thankfully it is only 5 minutes away.

We live in a townhome and there are "attics" that connect the townhomes incase of fires. There is a  mini-door in our upstairs hallway and one in DS room. It has always kind of freaked me out that they are there. (No locks on them, because incase of a fire we were told by landlord that we can't lock them)

That brings me to tonight:

I put DS down to sleep an hour ago. He woke up crying his scared cry. I go up there put the paci in and for some reason looked up (high ceilings) the door was open...instand freak out!!

I run into the masterbedroom and grab our gun/flashlight (NRA member here ..flame away)  I take the flashlight shine it in the door don't see anything but still freaking. I pick up DS and sit in the rocker with my phone/pacifier/gun/flashlight I called DH told him I am freaking, he comes home right away..made record time.

He grabs a ladder goes in and looks around. Doesn't see anything so he comes back out, shuts the door and puts a chair (there is a ledge next to the door) right by the door. So incase "anyone" was to come through there we would hear it.

He had to go back to the work thing and I am still freaking. We know 1 neighbors old edlery couple. The other side is a new family just moved in a month ago they have a son around 14-16 years old he lives in the bedroom on the other side of the wall from DS's room.

I am wondering if he got "Curious" about the door and went trhough his to DS's and saw where it went and went back to his house. I don't know!!!!

We are finding out about locks on the doors tomorrow..I think I am going to sleep in DS's room!

SIGH thanks for listening..just flustered!

(ignore grammar/spelling wrote this in a panic!)

Re: Freaking out..calm me down (Long)

• Wow that is scary. Just keep that gun close by and hopefully DH will be home before you know it. I would have DS sleep in my room tonight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ahhhhh, I'd be so freaked out!  Is there any way it could have come open on its own?  I hope your DH gets home soon :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Idc what the landlord would say, I would put atleast some kind of lock on there, even one of those little sliding or chain locks.  Yes that would be easy to kick through but atleast its something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it was me I would knock on your neighbour's door tomorrow to tell them about it.  (The ones with the teenager.)

Just pretend like you're telling them for their safety but if they're smart they'll get the fact that maybe they need to ask their kid some questions...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • imagekwinters87:
    Idc what the landlord would say, I would put atleast some kind of lock on there, even one of those little sliding or chain locks.  Yes that would be easy to kick through but atleast its something.

When DH gets home (with a ladder) he is going to go up and look around and then put a lock on it.

We don't care!

• imagecobabymama:

I pick up DS and sit in the rocker with my phone/pacifier/gun/flashlight

First off, I would have FREAKED! Secondly, the above statement gave me the most hysterical mental picture!!

On a more serious note, I would put a lock on, even just a slide or latch one as a PP mentioned even if not given the ok by landlord (how would landlord know), and would definately talk to new neighbors, approaching it as "I don't know who sleeps on the other side of the passage, but just wanted them to be aware and alert." If they have 6 brain cells they will put 2 and 2 together.

• imageAknight1986:
    Wow that is scary. Just keep that gun close by and hopefully DH will be home before you know it. I would have DS sleep in my room tonight.

He is!!!

• imageLauren9881:
    imagecobabymama:

First off, I would have FREAKED! Secondly, the above statement gave me the most hysterical mental picture!!

On a more serious note, I would put a lock on, even just a slide or latch one as a PP mentioned even if not given the ok by landlord (how would landlord know), and would definately talk to new neighbors, approaching it as "I don't know who sleeps on the other side of the passage, but just wanted them to be aware and alert." If they have 6 brain cells they will put 2 and 2 together.

My DH started laughing when he saw me (but was very serious about the situation) He had to pry the gun out of my hand...Mama Bear was ready to fight!!

• imagecobabymama:
    imageLauren9881:
    imagecobabymama:

My DH started laughing when he saw me (but was very serious about the situation) He had to pry the gun out of my hand...Mama Bear was ready to fight!!

Good for you!! I think the deadliest item I have in my house is probablly a curling iron! =)

• Cooking knives.....  I'd have locked and loaded too.
  • BTW, my DH says "Good woman!" to you Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"