Breastfeeding
Options

Howdo you store BM?

Re: Howdo you store BM?

• Options
    I bought a rubbermaid tub and I put my BM in there in the freezer. Right now it is in the freezer and as soon as the stash is a little larger, I plan to put in the deep freeze in a tub again.
  • Options

I plan to use covered ice cube trays, then place in breastmilk bags once frozen, then place in a small tub.

With my last DD, I just used the bags and they were everywhere!  Definitely plan on getting a container to put them in!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the deep freezer I put my 5 Medela 5 ounce bags in a large gallon size ziploc bag labeled with the date I put it in the deep freezer. I gather 50 ounces in my upstairs freezer, and then I move 25 to the deep freezer.

• Options
    I use Lansinoh bags, 4oz in each bag.  I freeze them flat in the side by side freezer, transfer to boxes to the deep freezer now that we bought a deep freezer.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    I found a few sturdy boxes about the same height as the milk bags and put them in the freezer.  I first freeze it flat by laying the bags on top of other boxes in the freezer.  I stand the milk up in the boxes with the earliest date in the front, so I can just grab from there and add the newest milk to the back of the last box.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sensible lines milk tray then freezer ziploc then rubbermaid contAiner

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"