Babies: 9 - 12 Months

cupcake help

I just bought one of those giant cupcake pans and I know a lot of you gals have given it a try...any tips you can pass on...Im gonna need all the help I can get with this thing. But I 've  head that some have had to adjust the baking time and temps...and did you put anything on the silicone to help the batter from sticking?  TIA

Re: cupcake help

• Just made one Saturday...

I sprayed generously with non-stick spray. It turned my white cake brown on the outside, but I didnt care.

The top was done in about 35-40.The bottom took longer...more like 50. 

Then I shaved off the bottoms of both with a knife. 

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out the reviews on Amazon.com .  I made the giant cup cake for my niece's birthday in June and I just wrote down notes from several reviews on the site and it came out perfect. I also used the Wilton "cake release" I bought it at Michael's and the cake came right out. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the tips..I did check out Amazon's reviews too!

So I kinda have a silly question....whats the best way to ice this big 'ol thing? im really really not a baker, so yeah..i need help, again HAHA

• I used this blog when doing mine!  HTH!
  • I just made one for DD first bday photo shoot smashcake (pictures in my blog... I love it!). I used Pam & COVERED the pan. Then, I reserved a good bit of the cake mix & "powdered" the pan (I did this several times to make sure there wouldn't be any sticking). The cake removed really easily from the pan, but I did have to cut off just the top of the base & the bottom of the "top" so they would sit well together. GOODLUCK!
  • imagebabyRN123:

Thanks for all the tips..I did check out Amazon's reviews too!

So I kinda have a silly question....whats the best way to ice this big 'ol thing? im really really not a baker, so yeah..i need help, again HAHA

I put the frosting on the  day of the party and I also made one for a smash cake and frosted the day off, I used a cream cheese frosting and it was pretty easy to put on. It doesn't have to be perfect. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"