Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What would you do???/

LO arrived on Thursday, so we're only 5 days into a new way of life.  I have discovered that LO absolutely hates sleeping in the basinette next to our bed at night.  In order for me to get any sleep at all, I have to hold LO on my chest and try to sleep with her propped up on me.  She doesn't really care(at least at this point) for our swing.  But does sleep propped up on the boppy pillow.  Would you really let LO sleep in the boppy overnight? 

I've tried swaddling, and she absolutely hates having her arms pinned down.  So...ladies with experience....what would you do??? 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What would you do???/

• Options

I would not leave her in the boppy. You should invest in th Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper. DD hated her bassinet. We went and bought the RNP and she sleeps well in it. It is inclined and makes LO feel secure.

1ht

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    do anything to get some sleep.  babies at that age really only nap all night with several waking periods so she will be safe on you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't let LO sleep on the Boppy unsupervised.  Before DS was 2 weeks, there was a lot of sleeping on the couch with him on my chest.  Do what you can to get some sleep at this point.  Worry about where LO sleeps once you have things figured out.
  • Options

I wouldn't let LO sleep on the boppy.  It was really hard for us to get sleep at 1st, too.  DS would not let me put him down.  What worked best for us is I would rock him to sleep and then keep rocking for about a half hour after he was asleep.  I would stop rocking for a while, gently lower him down into his bassinet, hold my hand on his chest for a few mins then back away.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes now. 

I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better now, but at 12 wks my DS doesn't sleep very well being held, and I kind of miss it.

• Options
    We had the same problem... my SIL had this VERY old fisher price chair, it's nice and cozy and it fits right into the basinette... try maybe getting a chair or something similar... my SIL has 6 kids and all of them did that in the begining, newborns like to be tight and cozy since they come from being like that, the basinette is too open...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This.  The RNP is 1,000,000x better than a bassinet.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    DS1 was the same way. we got an angled/wedge sleep positioner that accomplished the same thing. i was not comfortable with DS1 sleeping in the boppy.
  • Options
    FP Rock N Play + Woombie= Happy Baby.
  • Options

I would NOT leave her in the Boppy.  When my brother was a paramedic, he responded to a call with a dead infant sleeping on one. 

Have you trird a sound machine?  That is how our DD sleeps.

• Options
    imagesusie985:

I would not leave her in the boppy. You should invest in th Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper. DD hated her bassinet. We went and bought the RNP and she sleeps well in it. It is inclined and makes LO feel secure.

1ht

We have the Rock n Play and LO likes it.  He was the same way for the first few weeks, only wanted to sleep on my or DH's chest.  My advice?  Let LO fall asleep there, but move him/her to the bassinet before you go to sleep.  The boppy and/or in bed with you is not safe at home.  In the hospital, however, the nurses told me to keep LO on my chest to sleep, because it was the only way he and therefore I would get any sleep at all.  In my opinion, the hospital is different, because you have side rails, you have nurses coming in all the time, and hopefully your DH is there too so you can take turns sleeping.  Good luck.

• Options
    How terrifying!  Anyway, my LO LOVES the sleep sheep, heartbeat sound!  It's amazing how it basically hypnotizes him!
  • Options
    I would not use the boppy nor would I get her into the habit of sleeping on you. I agree with PP's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"