Trying to Get Pregnant

Blood work back.. now what?

I had blood taken last week. This is my first cycle off BCP and I have not gotten a period yet. I also have not ovulated. I assumed it all had to do with my body adjusting and my dr. would give me Provera to jump start my period. She wanted to do blood work to make sure everything was ok, I know she checked my thyroid and estrogen levels.

Well today she called and everything is perfect. She still wants me to see an infertility doctor!! I am a healthy 27 year old, 2nd month off BCP and healthy weight...is this even an option right now???? I think it's time for a new doctor, but in the meantime she has got me freaked out.

She said the infertility doctor was my only option if I wanted to start getting pregnant right now. If not, she would put me back on the pill to regulate my periods. She said the infertilty doctor would help get my period going and make me ovulate. This isn't what I expected to hear.

Is this right? Should I be this scared? Any help will be greatly appreciated :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Blood work back.. now what?

• Didn't you post this a couple days ago, and we all told you to get a new dr? Are you looking for different answers now?
  • I don't know about your prior posts but it sounds like I agree with the ladies who responded.  Find a new doctor.  It can take up to a year to regulate coming off BCPs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageizzybella:
    Didn't you post this a couple days ago, and we all told you to get a new dr? Are you looking for different answers now?

I didn't get the blood work back until tonight...I am just more confused now that everything came back positive. Not even the fact of getting a new doctor, but more curious as to why I would get this kind of response from a professional. I'm freaked out, naturally.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Get a new doctor. The End.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It took me about 5 mths to get back to a normal cycle after BCP - and that's considered fast.

Get another Dr. opinion if you are not willing to replace this one. 

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• It took 9 months for my cycles to regulate after BCP.  Good luck, whether you decide to get a new doctor or not.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • imagegymnst1013:
    I don't know about your prior posts but it sounds like I agree with the ladies who responded.  Find a new doctor.  It can take up to a year to regulate coming off BCPs.

Unless you've got past history of irregular/missing periods before going on the pill, I definitely think it's a bit soon to go to an RE. I pretty much went directly to the RE, but I had a pretty clear PCOS diagnosis right from the start.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"