Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

having one of those really down days...

DS had his day care orientation today and I couldn't go because I have a new job and don't have any extra time off accrued yet. DH and MIL took him for me and apparently he had a great time for the hour he was there...until he shut his leg in the door of the toy kitchen (atleast that is what they think happened) and got a friction burn on his leg. Needless to say he LOST it. He was hysterical when DH came upstairs to get him. When I got home from work he was really clingy and fussy. He got hysterical when I tried to put him in his highchair for dinner, when I put him in the tub, and when I put him in his carseat. He kept getting SO upset he was like choking as he was crying...he NEVER does this...he rarely ever even fusses or gets upset. I am already feeling super emotional about him turning one next week and about him starting daycare. The fact that he was only there an hour and it resulted in a terrible day has me beside myself.

To top it all off my husband and I are going on a 5 day trip and leaving DS at home for the first time. All of these events combined into one 2 week span is resulting in an emotional mess for me...

Re: having one of those really down days...

• Options
    Hang in there mama - you are doing the best you can by giving your LO tons of hugs and kisses! :) 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you guys had a bad day!   It really sucks that happened to him on his first day.  Hopefully tomorrow is better for everybody.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"