Parenting

Regarding my honest question

(I apologize in advance for odd formatting or lack of paragraphs. I am on my phone.) I can not bring myself to read any of the spinoff posts, especially bubbly's, as I can only imagine what must be in there. And my heart hurts just thinking abut it. (I am really rooting for you bubbly.) My post was definitely poorly written. I covered a painful topic in a callous tone. I have a habit of that and it gets me in trouble. I certainly deserved some backlash for that. I show my girls love and affection every single day as much as I possibly can. I am all about hugs and kisses and I love yous. We had a really good evening. When we got homeTaylor wanted to play outside but Brooke wanted to watch a movie so DH stayed with her. She gave him the biggest hug. The look on his face. It was wonderful. After dinner for some reason there was no competing over me. Brooke cuddled with me and Taylor with DH. And bedtime was smoth as well. However I am already in bed with a n awful migraine. So goodnight.
Jesse - mommy of Brooke 6/15/06 and Taylor 9/1/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Regarding my honest question

• REOMREOM member

Of course you are a great mom, that is why your girls want to be around you so much :)  Don't beat yourself up! Sounds like you had a great night.

Take care of yourself and get some sleep!

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bubbly's post is about knockin' boots, not you.

I think we all have those moments of "OMG I need some space to breathe."  Just lots of people on here won't admit to it, since it kills their holier than thou mojo.  Hope things improve for you.

Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

• Loading the player...
  • I think the replies gave you a mix of reality and empathy -- this board is good like that. You're human; I think you were being honest but hopefully you and your dh can think about how to give you time to take a breath before your kids are all over you.
  • FWIW, none of the spin off posts really reference your post.  Bubbly's is about sex, mine is about video games.  :)

Sounds like you had a good night - I think you got some good advice from the posts, so hopefully things will go smoother for y'all moving forward.

I spend most days with Jackson  (SAHM) and I refer to him as a Stage 5 clinger.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just want to offer "hugs!"  I read your post and in no way did I think that you wanted to throw in the towel and lock the kids in a small closet while you bask in bubble bath daily after a long day at work.  I have also been to the point where I have thought, "OMG, if they fight over one more thing, I am going bat $hit crazy."  (Luckily, I have the hook up at the state hospital ; ) I can't imagine if my kids were fighting over me, gah!  I think we were well over due for a WOHM vs SAHM debate...anywho, I am glad you had a good evening.  I hope they continue.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"