2nd Trimester

do any of you have brown recluse spider problems?

I have had it with these spiders.  I can't have them in my house!  I just found one crawling on my thigh.  What if I get bitten while I'm pregnant.  What if my daughter gets bitten.  I am so fed up with worrying about this tiny little creature.  But they are so poisonous!

Re: do any of you have brown recluse spider problems?

• We have a black and brown widow problem BAD here...we have recluse spiders too but not as bad.  But we have an exterminator come every other month...I need him to spray around the pool enclosure again, the venom is not enough to kill me but could the baby and my dog.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have terminex on speed dial at our house. 

• Loading the player...
  • does it really take an exterminator to get rid of them? and if so how much$$?
  • We do!  I live in Dallas, TX and we have them all the time. 

I actually got bit a few times behind my left knee, I assume by the same spider, about 4 years ago.  We went to the ER and found out i had been bitten by a brown recluse.  My whole leg swelled but I was able to get over it on it's own after about a month.  It was pretty bad.  BUT...that being said, I have no scars, didn't need any surgery and am back to normal.

After that whole thing, we get everything exterminated religiously and never leave clothes and such on the floor.

Good luck and I'm sure y'all will be fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageFirefly205:
    does it really take an exterminator to get rid of them? and if so how much$$?

We spend 30 bucks every other month but if anything shows up in between they come for free.

• I freak out over any spiders, wish they took care of snakes to.  we pay about $400 a year. they come every 3 months to spray unless we call for them to come sooner but it does not cost extra for that. 

• So weird you posted this...

We were trying to have a romantic evening last night laying in bed when in the middle I grabbed my poor DF and screamed at him to get some toilet paper. Above my head on the vertical blinds there was a big spider and another pair of legs poking out from the base of the mini blinds. He got one but the other slipped back into the blinds before we could kill him. I never thought it could be a brown recluse but I just googled it and omg, that's what we have. I'm terrified that they have a nest built into my mini blinds (the base the holds the cords, pole, etc). It's the pair right above my bed.

So I guess we also have a problem. Needless to say I didn't sleep much last night.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES!! I just called the exterminator the other day to get an estimate. We are living in an older home that is pier and beam, very small square footage that had been vacant since Katrina. A LONG time for spiders to make this place home!!

We bombed, put out granules etc. and they have came back. My husband is like, ok this is rediculous. I hate spiders, but can handle them on the wall, but if one crawled across my leg I would literally shat my pants. One night I went into the bathroom and there were 5...yes 5!! Brown Recluse spiders in our bathroom at the same time.

The thing about spiders is that you really can't prevent having them, and with the spray, unless a spider walks through the poison and then grooms itsself (licks it legs), the spider won't die. The exterminator that gave me an estimate the other day is charging $115 for first time visit, and then $45/mo after that. They treat inside/outside and put down sticky traps for those that are sneaking around in the dark.  

Here is a website that DH came across the other day, it was actually still up on my desktop as I read your post. It's worth a read.

https://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-brown-recluse-spiders.htm

• :Faints:

I sure hope not!  They are scary as hell.

Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • What the heck is it with these spiders!?

They keep popping up all around our home! I keep thinking I killed them all, or that it was a fluke, that it was the "only one" (<--yea right).

I feel like I'm living in the movie Arachnophobia!

• I cried last night because I couldn't sleep.  I was so tingly all over thinking there were spiders all around.  I had to take the blanket and sheet completely off my bed before I got in.  Then when DH's alarm clock became possessed and went off at 4:30 this morning I wasn't able to go back to sleep until oh 20 minutes before DD woke up at 8.  I am miserable this morning and still creeped out.  I have already called an exterminator and I'm waiting for a reply.  I don't know how we are going to afford this but I can't keep being paranoid in my own home.  I have a serious tension headache now.  And you're right they do congregate in the bathroom so turn the light ON when you get up in the middle of the night to pee!
  • imageFirefly205:
      And you're right they do congregate in the bathroom so turn the light ON when you get up in the middle of the night to pee!

......I am always scared to death that one is going to be sitting on the light switch when I get up to go pee!!! I not only turn the light on, but I hawk eye the walls and bathtub etc to make sure one isn't going to get on me. I hate the ba$tards!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"