Multiples
Options

Napping in crib / PNP

My girls will be 5 months old this week and they are still napping in their swings.  Unfortunately I can't get them to nap anywhere but there.  I've been trying to put them in their cribs or pack n plays to see if they'll nap there.  I'll make it dark and quiet, walk away, and they'll whine for awhile, which turns into full out screaming.  Every time I try, I end up giving up and putting them in their swings.  I really hope to make this transition soon because they are getting kind of big for their swings.  Oh and I also want to add that they go to sleep fine in their cribs at night, it's just during the day that they won't.

So I was wondering, at what age did you get your babies to nap in the cribs or pack n plays (not the bassinet / newborn sleeper, but the bottom part)?  Also, any tricks on how I can make this happen??  Thanks! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Napping in crib / PNP

• Options
    I got DS in the crib for naps just after 3 months old, and DD around 4 months old.  They would only nap in their cribs if it was completely dark and I left the radio on.  I wore out a Frank Sinatra CD because it repeated over and over for nap time every day.  LOL
  • Options

Do they have any kind of white noise machine or crib soother? I would try playing the radio/a CD/humidifier for background noise and see if that helps.

Mine start napping in cribs around 5 months, mainly because it was close to Christmas and the swings weren't going with us so I wanted to transition before our trip.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sadly we are still struggling with this.  Sometimes they simply won't nap in their cribs and fight it and fight it and now especially want to play in their cribs when they don't want to nap.  I have to admit that there are times when I know they are tired and put them in the swing and they fall asleep fast.  Not the best thing when I want them to nap in their crib, but sometimes it's the only place they will nap. 
  • Options
    Started napping in cribs around 6 months old.  Their cribs are on the first floor and their playroom is on the second, so when we are upstairs during the day, they nap in their pack n plays upstairs.  They nap well in both because now two of mine are belly sleepers so if they were in a bouncy or swing they won't  nap. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I will try some kind of white noise and just keep at it.  One of mine is turning into a belly sleeper, so I'm hoping she will want her pack n play or crib instead of the swing soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"