Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

what is your 8 month old eating?

my doctor told me lo should be eating cereal and fruit for breakfast, meat and veggie for lunch and cereal and veggie for dinner.  he is getting SO bored!  I sometimes give him pastina and a veggie for dinner but even that... boring!  any other ideas for spicing it up at dinner or anywhere else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what is your 8 month old eating?

• Options
    forgive me for being naive about the tofu but how do you buy that/ prepare it?  i feel like i give a variety of fruits and veggies but i am just stuck on a starch.  doc said i cant give yogurt or cheese yet either.  
  • Options

imagejessvan96:
    forgive me for being naive about the tofu but how do you buy that/ prepare it? ?i feel like i give a variety of fruits and veggies but i am just stuck on a starch. ? doc said i cant give yogurt or cheese yet either. ?

Really? Does lactose intolerance run in your family? My LO also gets yogurt/oatmeal/fruit for breakfast, a fruit or veggie for lunch and some puffs, and for dinner a veggie, sometimes with cheese, sometimes with brown rice.

Instead of offering a single puree, have you combined them? LO's favorite is raspberry/banana/apple.

Edited to fix spelling errors.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

on the menu this week...

breakfast: fruits mixed w/ cereal. Fruits we have going this week - blueberry/apple puree, roasted banana/roasted pear puree, peach puree, applesauce w/ cinnamon

lunch: veggie &/or fruit mix. Roasted acorn squash w/ apple puree, yellow squash w/ apple puree, carrot/mango/apple puree, sweet potato w/ green peas

dinner: cauliflower puree, mashed avocado w/ cumin, carrot & green bean salad, roasted chicken, salmon, butternut squash w/ cinnamon

• Options
    DD gets anything that's soft enough to handle.  She'll eat everything from burrito to pie.  We keep it healthy, but since allergies aren't an issue, I don't usually limit what she can try as long as it's safe.  Haven't tried eggs, peanut butter, or honey for the obvious issues.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    thanks everyone!!  no allergies in my fam at all... thought that was weird about the yogurt and cheese.. she said i can offer at 9 months.  she also said no pork or fish till a year.  strange too?  also when you say oatmeal, is it baby oatmeal or real people oatmeal?  ;-) i also think im going to try the tofu.  
  • Options

No meat here either.

LO eats fruit & oatmeal OR YoBaby yogurt for breakfast.

A fruit + a veggie for lunch, same for dinner.

We just keep a variety and try "recipes".

If we go out to dinner he gets some bread, pasta, etc.  Tiny tastes of our healthy foods.

We also give him puffs, yogurt melts, and mum mums.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"