Multiples

How long after taking steroids did you deliver?

How long after taking steroids did you deliver? I am taking corticosteroids 24 hours apart for fetal lung development due to one of the twins experiencing reverse diastolic blood flow. My doctor is seeing me twice weekly now, and says its touch and go. How many weeks were you if you delivered after taking corticosteroids? I am currently 27 weeks 3 days.
Eli and Charlie born at 33w6d image

Re: How long after taking steroids did you deliver?

• I had a set of shots at 23 weeks 5 days and then I was admitted for Pre-E at 32 weeks even for the second set of shots and delivered the day after the last shot. 
  • I didn't take the kind you are taking, unless they were in the shots that I got.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a set of shots at 26w due to PTL (I was in L&D for 3 days) and then things settled down. ?I had a 2nd set of shots at 30w (again due to PTL, in L&D/antepartum for 8 days) and got sent home again. ?Delivered at 37w3d!
  • I got the shots at 28w and I'm still pg at 34w
  • with my singleton had had the shots at 32w b/c of PTL... i was able to hold out until 36 weeks and he was fine.

www.keepemcookin.com has good info on steriod shots - there is some controversy about if they are worth it if you deliver many weeks after they are given vs. soon after.  I certainly wanted them and was glad I got them.

• I had the shots at 31w due to PTL and delivered at 36w.  My girls came out fine with no NICU time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had steroids at 23wks and again at 28wks.  Delivered at 33 1/2wks.  My steroids were b/c of shortening, funneling cervix/irritable uterus/lots of bh...

Best of luck!! 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got my first shot 15 days prior to delivery then the second @ 13 days prior to delivery.  Why are they letting you continue when there is reverse flow?  My OB said if the flow went reverse we would deliver immediately!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • I went into labor 48 hours after receiving the second steroid shot, but we were able to stop labor luckily!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"