Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Trip Update and Thanks

A couple of weeks ago I posted asking for ideas for a weekend getaway with my DH.  I just want to thank all of you ladies again so very much for all of your wonderful suggestions.  I know that you can all relate to the pain/sorrow we have over this recent loss and the desire we have to just escape for a few days and have some time for "us."

Initially we had planned on using free Southwest tickets we had to take a quick weekend getaway before the one ticket expired at the end of September. We have since talked to Southwest and decided to pay $50 to extend the ticket.  This will buy us some more time to plan a longer trip away at a later date rather than just a rush job.  Now I can look further into some of the fabulous ideas everyone gave me and plan a better trip-can't thank you all enough.

We still need to get away pronto so we have decided to stay more local.  Next weekend we will be driving up to PA and staying overnight near New Hope/Peddler's Village.  It is a beautiful location with lots to do and it will be nice to relax and enjoy the wonderful shops/restaurants. 

Just wanted to give you all an update and thank you again. :)

Re: Trip Update and Thanks

• This is great news -- that you are planning to get away AND you'll have more time to plan it.  You deserve this time...but at the same time, I'm so sorry you feel the need to (under the circumstances).  I hope you find "just the place" soon for that trip!

I also want to tell you how stinkin' adorable your daughter is.  I love when you post and so I can see her picture!  Smile

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you soo soo much Carrie. :) 

DD is a busy little thing-turned two the same week we lost the baby which was difficult-such a rollercoaster of emotions balancing our loss and her party.  This week she has been repeatedly picking up her shirt and telling me about the baby in her belly (like Mommy's baby-the one we lost of course).  Too young to get it. :( 

For her some time away with her grandparents will be good-they're gonna take her to Sesame Street Live next weekend while we're away.  I think for DH and I to go away and be able to just be alone to regroup will be such a good thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"