I went in this morning to check on my cyst and make sure it was shrinking. I needed to know so I could manage my expectations for this next cycle and whether or not it was actually going to happen. The good news is: the cyst is about 1/2 the size it was 2 weeks ago. It started out at 4cm (almost 5) X 4cm and today it's 2cm X1 cm. They drew my blood to get my E2 levels and if they're where they should be then I could stop taking bcp's tonight and start the next cycle as soon as AF shows up.
Well obviously my life can't be simple so even if I can stop bcp's tonight I won't. I'm going out of town Saturday/Sunday of this weekend and again Saturday and Sunday of next weekend. The nurse and I went through the calendar and decided that if I stopped bcp's I wouldn't be able to get monitored properly (which neither of us are willing to do) and my IUI could fall when I'm out of town. So the solution... keep taking bcp's until Sunday. That's 3 weeks of pills and what I would have done if I wasn't neurotic and didn't ask for this cyst check. UGH.
I'm happy that I know I'll get to start the cycle next week though. And I'm happy that it should all work out time wise that the rest of my plans this month down further complicate things.