Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ideas for non-crafty hobbies?

ANyone have any good ideas for a hobby that is non-crafty? My sister is a new military wife who has recently shipped off her husband to Iraq. SHe is looking for a hobby that isn't crafty that she could do in the evenings...

I know you ladies can help! TIA!

Re: Ideas for non-crafty hobbies?

• How about finding/joining a book club?
  • What about an exercise class or club? She could take up rock climbing, join a running group, go to yoga classes, etc. My best friend is a military wife and she spent a lot of time while her husband was deployed working out so she could look as good as her DH when he came back (I guess the soldiers spend a lot of time working out when they are deployed because he looked great when he came home!) She also did some volunteer work on the base - I bet your sister can find some activities through the VA if she's not near a base. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yoga or exercise classes are always good.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Volunteer work, jigsaw puzzles at night (I'm a dork), geneaology
  • I would get a seasonal mall job if I had that kind of free time.

other options:

take an online class in something with no commercial value (world history?  modern poetry?)

start being one of those people who edits wikipedia entries and enters on-line product reviews.

learn a language.

declutter.

do every day's crossword puzzle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would probably get a fun part-time job... keeps you busy and keeps you from spending money! :)

Or, I would work out.

I'd also waste a LOT more time on the Internet. And read more books. And my house would be clean.

Hmm... suddenly this turned into what I would do with a bunch of free time. Sorry. :)?

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Training for a tri-athalon (they have clubs/teams)
  • Reading, blogging, photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"