Pregnant after a Loss

So mad I am shaking

Someone on the military board posted about having a m/c and people flamed her for blaming a vaccine. Then a royal douche commented that she was "only" 6 weeks and they are common so why blame other things. 

People are just heartless a-holes. Why say anything if you are going to say something like that.

Re: So mad I am shaking

• Indifferent Which board? Military Nesties or Military families?
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • That is bullsh!t. I hope someone called out that comment.

Wow, heartless and b!tchy to someone going through a loss. You've won a trip to hell. Pack sunscreen!

• Loading the player...
  • It is Military Families.
  • I called her out and so did a few others. Her reply was I never said she couldn't be sad. Wow, how nice of you.
  • That's frustrating. It seems like the OP was just looking to vent and needed support. 

Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • imageambrandau2:

That is bullsh!t. I hope someone called out that comment.

Wow, heartless and b!tchy to someone going through a loss. You've won a trip to hell. Pack sunscreen!

This! Ugh, some people are just so heartless!

•  I got a flu shot (my first and only, ever) when I was pregnant with Pumpkin.

I KNOW he died because of Trisomy 16. I know that is genetic, and happened the moment of conception.

Do you think I don't wonder, somewhere in the grieving, painful, dark part of myself, if the flu shot had something to do with it? Even though I KNOW that is impossible?

When you lose a child, your reaction isn't rational. End of story. Let her process her loss however she needs to. FFS.

• Every woman looks for a reason m/c happens.  I don't know if it's part of our DNA or if it's just the nature of a loss.  Yes, they are very common.  Yes, it happens to a lot of women.  But I bet every single woman immediately will question actions that they took that may have contributed to the loss.  You can't help it.  In my mind, my body failed. I felt responsible.  Whether that's rational or not.  At least this woman can point to a vaccine and say "maybe it was that, and not that I forgot to hold my breath when I crossed the bridge."

Tirade over...Eff that whore on the Military board.

• That MrsOj really needs a swift kick to the f'in head!!!!!
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • I know. Thing is, I remember the woman who is saying the effed up comments. She was on the other military site. She is known for speaking her mind and whatnot. Still, her comments are hurtful. She straight out said she wasn't blaming the damn shot! She was just venting and her emotions have her all over the place. It happened to me too. I was flamed all over hell and back for it. I know exactly where she's comin from.
  • imageMarieGranados:
    That MrsOj really needs a swift kick to the f'in head!!!!!

Did she SERIOUSLY pull the "be glad you can get pregnant" card?

Maybe she'd like to come chat with me. I'm just aces at getting pregnant.

It's just that whole "not having my child die inside of me" thing that I can't quite master.

Guess I should be "glad" anyway.

What a twatwaffle.

• imageMarieGranados:

It's just that whole "not having my child die inside of me" thing that I can't quite master.

What a twatwaffle.

• What arseholes.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageambrandau2:

imageMarieGranados:

What a twatwaffle.

Yup she did!!! But she's not insensitive or flaming the OP don't ya know. *insert eye roll here* 

• imageambrandau2:

imageMarieGranados:

What a twatwaffle.

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote my comment.

• imageshaysmom05:
    imageambrandau2:

imageMarieGranados:

What a twatwaffle.

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote my comment.

So was I.  

• This makes me want to vomit.

Maybe i was lucky but when i was an army wife i felt like other military wives always tried to be supportive even though they didn't understand me and i usually made them uncomfortable.

How is it possible for another human being, let alone woman, to say anything like this to a mother who just lost her child? 

• Angry

Wow.  That is infuriating all around.  I want to slap her for (1) implying that an early loss is NBD and (2) for her comment about being grateful that she can get pregnant at all.

Next, I'll slap the other b*tch who blamed the OP for bringing up her m/c in the first place and "opening a can of worms."

Oye vay.  People need to STFU.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetisroc:

This makes me want to vomit.

Maybe i was lucky but when i was an army wife i felt like other military wives always tried to be supportive even though they didn't understand me and i usually made them uncomfortable.

How is it possible for another human being, let alone woman, to say anything like this to a mother who just lost her child? 

It seems nowadays it's hard to find military wives who actually are supportive. I've met some wonderful women on Military Nesties and still love them to death. It's just a general statement, but alot of the wives I've met here in Ga and back in Tx are just outright snotty sh!ts.

• We need an emoticon with steam coming out of ears and with a red face, because that's how I just felt when I read that last response to shall's post (re "the place being chock full of hormones").  Ugh.  Stupid as*twat.

Is it considered bad form to butt into a military board when you aren't affiliated with the military? That thread is just pissing me off.

• imageOCIrishBruin:

We need an emoticon with steam coming out of ears and with a red face, because that's how I just felt when I read that last response to shall's post (re "the place being chock full of hormones").  Ugh.  Stupid as*twat.

Is it considered bad form to butt into a military board when you aren't affiliated with the military? That thread is just pissing me off.

I think bad form was ages ago with that thread.  

• imageshaysmom05:
    imagetisroc:

It seems nowadays it's hard to find military wives who actually are supportive. I've met some wonderful women on Military Nesties and still love them to death. It's just a general statement, but alot of the wives I've met here in Ga and back in Tx are just outright snotty sh!ts.

I did notice that when i left my first husband because of abuse the support vanished entirely. 

• imageMarieGranados:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

We need an emoticon with steam coming out of ears and with a red face, because that's how I just felt when I read that last response to shall's post (re "the place being chock full of hormones").  Ugh.  Stupid as*twat.

This. I don't think it's bad form. She crossed lines that shouldn't have been crossed.

• I don't get a lot of what people say after a m/c but the comment about it being common is really out there to me. If someone comes up and says I have terminal cancer NO one would ever think to respond with, well it is real common lots of people die from it.
  • imageshaysmom05:
    imagetisroc:

I agree. I have a few really close friends but some of the wives can just be snotty. Sometimes the women on that board are just mean to each other. 

• imageshaysmom05:
    imageMarieGranados:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

This. I don't think it's bad form. She crossed lines that shouldn't have been crossed.

Couldn't resist.  People are so insensitive about this topic and comments like these have been made to all of us.  It makes a terrible, horrible experience even worse.

I get it if you say something inappropriate, get called on it and then apologize, but those women keep beating a dead horse and making it worse and worse. 

And, just for the record, if I was in the OP's shoes, I'm 100% certain I'd be sitting in bed thinking about those vaccinations too. 

• That's insensitive, and ridiculous.  They are some vaccines that you shouldn't get while pregnant for good medical reasons, especially in the early stages of pregnancy.  Why would anyone flame her for that?
  • That is cruel.  I think we all wanted a reason for our m/c, and I'm sure that is why she is linking the vaccine to it.  She very well could be right too, who knows.  People who haven't been through a m/c just don't have a clue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • See, here's the thing. When I lost my last one, it was a missed m/c. I found out at 11w 1 day that the baby's heart stopped at 9w 1d. That VERY SAME DAY, I had gone into the ER for my hyperemesis. They gave me Reglan. I had a very severe allergic reaction to it. (At this point I had already seen the heartbeat a couple times.) Afterwards, they had to give me MORE medicines.

In a sane state, I couldn't blame the Reglan or my body's reaction to it. In a grieving state, you bet your arse I did! I questioned everything the doctor's gave me and did a ton of research that, in my head, made me feel better. I got flamed. OH BOY did I get flamed because I made a post similar to hers. Alot of times, people don't know what to say because they haven't been there. Other than "I'm sorry for your loss" they just need to STFU. KWIM?

• That whole post is just horrifying...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• It's time for a  *Cee-Lo* song break

(please, please don't click if strong language offends!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc 

• That is soooo sad and wrong!!! My heart goes out to that woman.
    BFP #1: 10/17/08 EDD: 6/24/09-missed m/c; d&c on 12/8/08 BFP #2: 11/7/09 EDD: 7/15/10-Cabe born on 7/9/10 BFP #3: 10/7/11 EDD: 6/20/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker A Butterfly lies beside us like a sunbeam and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world. But then it flies on again. And though we wish it could have stayed we feel so lucky to have seen it. In loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"