Here is what I currently have:

12 kissaluv 0

3 XS fuzzibunz

2 S swaddlebees

2 small bummis diaper covers

5 size 1 thirsties duo wraps

25 newborn prefolds

2 newborn rumparooz

6 BG 3.0 one size 3 Mommys Touch OS pocket 1 gro baby with 2 inserts 3 BG AIO ? Size M 1 BG AIO ? Size L 1 Flip one size and extra flip insert 11 goodmamas OS 3 Medium Covers 3 Large Covers 1 Large wool soaker 2 one size covers 2 OS kawaii 1 OS fuzzibunz

36 homemade wipes

1 medium wetbag

1 pail liner

What else do I need?  When baby is 3 months old I will send CDs to daycare as well.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rate my Stash: What else do I need?

• Options
    Looks like you have 25 NB prefolds and 12 kissa size 0s but only 2 covers.  In my experience, a cover only lasts about 3 diaper changes max before it smells like pee (less if poop gets on it).  I would suggest more covers.
  • Options

imagemags2144:
    Looks like you have 25 NB prefolds and 12 kissa size 0s but only 2 covers.  In my experience, a cover only lasts about 3 diaper changes max before it smells like pee (less if poop gets on it).  I would suggest more covers.

I also have 5 thirsties size 1 duo wrap covers, is 7 enough for the nb stage or should I pick up a few more?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

i dont know much about the nb stage bc we use sposies until they are 10-12 lbs and fit into our BG OS

.BUT I have to say as for the rest of your stash, I would hold off on buying more until you know what will work for your baby. You'll end up wasting money.

• Options
    imageTeach84:

imagemags2144:

I also have 5 thirsties size 1 duo wrap covers, is 7 enough for the nb stage or should I pick up a few more?

7 is plenty!  Your stash looks great to me I would hold off buying any more diapers larger than the NB stage until you figure out what works best for you though.  We ended up really liking our pockets over the fitteds and built our stash up from there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's my elf-ee! :-)

I agree with waiting a bit--you may be surprised by what you like. I do think it's great you have variety in your stash--so many people "stock up" with one kind of dipe (ahem, me) and then sell them all and start over. 

You might grab another pack of GroBaby inserts--I find one cover can last us several changes and they're great for when you're out & about since they take up so much less space than pockets.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh, and grab another wet bag or two for your diaper bag. I have four and it's a good amount since a couple are always in the wash/pail.

Planetwise has the best bags imo. A little spendy, but worth it. Or you could make your own.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 medium wetbags for the diaper bag. It's nice to have more than 1.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageTeach84:

imagemags2144:

Sorry I thought the Thirsties Duos were their pocket diapers, not covers.  Yes, 7 is good & you are good to go!

• Options

Thanks for the tips ladies! I have found some great deals on my local craigslist/garage sales and gotten some wonderful gifts - now I'll just wait for baby to arrive so I can try them all out!  Oh and I will pick up another wetbag or 2. 

• Options

I suggest a 2nd pail liner as well -- then you can line the pail with the second one when you wash your dipes and throw the liner in with them. I wash my liner each time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"