Parenting
Options

did you know this about pbk?

A mom I met told me about pbk storytime. It's really cute, but as a bonus, for every 5 times we go we get a $10 gift certificate -- for each kid! Today the story was batman and all the kids got bat signal flashlights. Just thought I'd share since it's fun, free and a good way to get a discount at pbk.

Re: did you know this about pbk?

• Options

I went once. It was less than 10 minutes long, a madhouse, and just not worth the hassle of getting to the mall once, let alone 5 times.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    That's a bummer, lari. Ours isn't too bad and they do activities after the book so it lasts about a half hour.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We really enjoyed it when we had a PBK nearby - Knoxville doesn't have one, unfortunately.

Jackson always liked playing with the toys they had there, too, for awhile after the story - great for the winter months, especially.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We went once as well.  It was a disaster.  It was jam packed with strollers, kids every where, no one had room to sit and listen to the story.  Some kid peed in the middle of the "kitchen" area and no one came to clean it up until after probably a dozen kids walked through it.  It was awful.  Sounded like it would be great just not set up very well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went once for a "concert". They had a couple guys singing and playing guitar. It was nice but crowded. Lots of seats, chairs and beanbags set up. It's a good 20 min drive and 15 min walk from the parking lot for us though so I'm not likely to go very often. It was great for something to do in the winter though.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    There is one about a half hour away but it's not a big one so I'm guessing it would be crowded
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EMTEMT member
    thanks for the tip mamarazzi! :)
  • Options
    We used to do this all the time when J was a baby.  I bought so many gifts for people from there at deep discounts b/c I would always catch the new things put on clearance and then use one of the $10 cards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"