Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DH/SO pet peeves

What are your pet peeves with your DH or SO?

I HATE that DH dumps his espresso grinds into the sink every day even if there is dishes in the sink. It is disgusting to clean up, it clogs my sink almost every day, and it leaves a huge mess every where. I ask him to dump it in the trash but he doesn't. 

He leaves out snacks, soda cans, and his laptop on the coffee table every night. In the morning (I go to bed first) after I change DD's diaper I clean up his mess before she crawls over to it.

Lastly I hate asking him to make a bottle! He literally tastes the water, inspects the bottle up to a light, when mixing the bottle he inspects the clean spoons before stirring the bottle sometimes going through 15 spoons before he finds one clean enough. Uggh the whole process takes him like 10 minutes while DD is crying because she is hungry. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH/SO pet peeves

• He eats with his mouth open

He never puts anything away in the kitchen.  If he's cooking the place looks like a bomb went off.  

He puts his dirty dishes on the counter instead of in the dishwasher.

He loves to wait until I'm taking a shower and then comes in and takes a dump.  I'm left to dwell in the poo steam...he thinks it's hilarious.

• I hate how he puts EVERYTHING in the fridge. I'm not just talking jugs of juice with about a drop left in it (though that is very annoying)- but if something is missing, I know where to look for it. Peanut butter, car keys, a screwdriver...these are all things I have found in our fridge courtesy of DH.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Loading the player...
  • He oveuses paper towels. I joke that he is like Hanzel and Gretel and that I could always find him if I just followed the trail of paper towels.

• DH always asks me to do things like balance the checkbook, then double checks me because he doesn't think I'll do it right. This drives me crazy. If we're grilling steaks, he'll ask me to turn them then go out there to turn them himself because he doesn't think I can turn a flippin steak. So annoying. 
  • Oh I could go on all week about the things DH does that get under my skin but I'll just post a few instead. One: He couldn't keep anything clean to save his life. I feel like his mother cleaning up after him every where. Just this past weekend I busted my butt cleaning our restroom. I was on hands and knees practically all day! He threw all my hard work out the window the next day! Two: He thinks taking care of DD for ten minutes is too long! Seriously, I cannot use the restroom without him getting frustrated with DD fussing and then coming to stand in doorway so DD can see me. He always asks when it will be my turn to watch DD even if I'm busy doing something productive like cooking dinner or cleaning! Three: He is hopelessly un romantic. We haven't been on a date in forever. When we do have time alone if DD goes out with her grandma, he doesn't even try to connect. Of course he will always try to get some...I wish he would at last try to be even a smidge romantic. *sigh* sorry I ended up venting.
  • he slurps anything liquid! 

Blows his nose in the shower (I hate that!).

Follows me around with the effing germ x bottle...he's become such a germaphobe!  I'm a clean person.  I always wash my hands after I potty or change a diaper, but do I get the chance to...nope b/c my husband is waiting to squirt the damn germ x in my hands!  LOL!

• Oh my gosh, you ladies make me laugh (it totally reminds me of all the annoying things DH does!)

Ok, my turn:

1. Slurps noodles or soup

2. Cracks each and every finger and toe

3. Leaves his clothing everywhere so I can trip over it

4. Always talks about a diet he's going to go on, but then a week into it, he quits. This repeatedly happens atleast once a month.

5. Has the TV turned on super loud and then when I ask him to please lower it down, he gets irritated. 

6. Has the worst road rage I've ever seen anybody have

7. Sometimes question how I take care of DS or his health, when I'm the only one that takes him to the doctor and knows DS's entire medical history

Yikes, that's alot! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is hilarious that he doesn't care about a disgusting sink but is so precise about the bottle.  Here are mine:

-breathes through his mouth.

-washes the counter tops with water from the sink that he's just used to wash all the dishes in.

-tries to be nice by talking me out of cleaning and into relaxing by saying that he'll clean it later for me, but never gets around to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Let's see:

-slurps coffee and soups. This drives me INSANE.

-blows his nose super loud multiple times in the shower.

-does not know how to close a door. I tried to teach him how to use the door knob, but that is a foreign concept to him. 

-he farts under the covers and laughs. C'mon, DH it is disgusting and stinky. 

• body slams the bed when tossing and turning at night. 

I swear I sleep better on the couch! 

• Oops.

Is it sad that I am cracking up laughing at this thread and also dying to post?

he leaves the plastic part of food boxes open so they go stale--cereal, crackers, etc.

he washes the dishes (after I cook) but never wipes down the counter/oven so that there is spaghetti sauce, etc. still there the next day

he goes to the bathroom with the door open at night

he leaves the TV on EVERY time he leaves the room, even if he clearly has no intention of watching the TV/returning anytime soon

he says things like, "Have you given the dog her daily nutritional meal to facilitate optimum growth and to support her active lifestyle?" just to get on my nerves--and he'll say it about five times in a row even if I've answered. I'm not kidding. He has lots more of this ridiculous gobbledygook.

• 1. Takes FOR-EV-ER to change DS's diaper...I don't know why his bothers me, but it does..

2. Acts like he ran a marathon every single night when he gets home from work... seriously, if your feet hurt that bad, buy some new shoes and be quiet.  When I was in my third trimester, I never complained..and it literally felt like my pelivs was splitting in half...it makes it hard to have any sympathy for his "aching feet"

3. He is so routine, it's scary...god forbid we deviate...i'm so much more of a "go with the flow" person, so yes, this is annoying

4. He's a tad too judgemental

• I don't like to complain about DH, because he is soooo much better than my XH, but what the heck I'll play!

1. Leaves wet towels on the floor in our bedroom (which is carpeted) or or own bed - he doesn't quite understand hanging towels up to dry or at least leave them on the bathroom floor which is easy to clean.

2. Watches TV super loud. I do like it quiet, like around 14, but 18-25 is an acceptable range. He feels the need to turn it up to 33, even if he's not watching whatever is on.

3. Sometimes he acts like he does more around the house than I do. Not with DD, but with cleaning. We both work full-time, I'm pg and tired plus I do most of the feeding of L, and we both come home tired and lazy some nights and nothing gets done. If I really kept score, we probably do about the same amount of chores and I totally admit sometimes during the work week our house goes to hell, but he's just as guilty as I am.

4. He doesn't like any names that I like. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things, but having baby name fights two years in a row has made it frustrating for the time being.

All of these things are petty except maybe #3, so I do feel lucky overall that he is my DH.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"