Hawaii Babies

Arg - Help re late bday party invite!!

What to do? I *tried* to limit our guest list for Alexa's 1st birthday party. Well that didn't work out so well. We over-invited. Arg!

But one of the mom friends who I had managed to cut just e-mailed me asking for MY address... I assume it might be for her son's birthday party since he's a month or so younger. Ack!

We did not do paper invitations. We sent out an Evite about a week ago, so a ton of people have already RSVP-ed. What do I do? 

(1) Hide the guest list and then invite her making the email sound like it's going to everyone? Unhide it a few days after she's looked?

(2) Invite her and say something like I sent it to your work e-mail and maybe it got put in spam by accident because it looks like you never opened it, so am sending to your yahoo email! Hope you can make it! (she works at the pentagon, so her work email is .mil)

(3) Any other ideas?

HELP! 

Malia & Dave & Alexa
Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
Baby Blog
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Arg - Help re late bday party invite!!

• (3) Don't over explain. Stick out tongue I'd go with, "Oh BTW, did you get the Evite for Alexa's party?" And then when she says no: "Huh, that's weird - I'll re-send it to you!"

Let her fill in the blanks...Evite messing up, you accidentally forgetting to select her email to send the invite to, spam filter, whatever. Seriously, the best lies (even little well intended white ones like this) are simple. Stick out tongue

• imageredshoegirl:

(3) Don't over explain. Stick out tongue I'd go with, "Oh BTW, did you get the Evite for Alexa's party?" And then when she says no: "Huh, that's weird - I'll re-send it to you!"

Let her fill in the blanks...Evite messing up, you accidentally forgetting to select her email to send the invite to, spam filter, whatever. Seriously, the best lies (even little well intended white ones like this) are simple. Stick out tongue

yep yep, Lisa has some good ideas!

And we thought we were done w/guest lists when we got married! ha!

• Loading the player...
  • imageredshoegirl:

(3) Don't over explain. Stick out tongue I'd go with, "Oh BTW, did you get the Evite for Alexa's party?" And then when she says no: "Huh, that's weird - I'll re-send it to you!"

*makes not to self, if ever in a bind, ask Lisa for how to get out of it!* 

• imageMrsZiz:

LOL because Lisa is full of sh!t. Wink

Sadly, I have far too much experience with this kind of thing...

• imageMrsZiz:

This!!  Big Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemyday1708:

What to do? I *tried* to limit our guest list for Alexa's 1st birthday party. Well that didn't work out so well. We over-invited. Arg!

But one of the mom friends who I had managed to cut just e-mailed me asking for MY address... I assume it might be for her son's birthday party since he's a month or so younger. Ack!

We did not do paper invitations. We sent out an Evite about a week ago, so a ton of people have already RSVP-ed. What do I do? 

(1) Hide the guest list and then invite her making the email sound like it's going to everyone? Unhide it a few days after she's looked?

(2) Invite her and say something like I sent it to your work e-mail and maybe it got put in spam by accident because it looks like you never opened it, so am sending to your yahoo email! Hope you can make it! (she works at the pentagon, so her work email is .mil)

(3) Any other ideas?

HELP! 

If it was me, I'd do option (1). Hmm..if you do option 2, she would see in the evite list if you sent it to both her email addresses (unless you hide the guest list).

• i also agree with lisa :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"