Single Parents

Sleep

How I miss you so much. I don't write on here much but I am a single mother to a 2 month old. I bottle feed her and she has never slept longer then 3 hours since turning a month old. I have not put her on a schedule yet as I work overnights and still trying to figure this all out. I even let her co sleep with me and it does not make her sleep any longer so I put her back in her crib. I can only hope she will soon sleep longer.

Re: Sleep

• I'm really new here, but my daughter is also 2 months old. I was in the same boat until I put her on a schedule. She's sleeping 5+ hours a night now. I know it will probably be hard to get her on a schedule since you work overnight, but I promise you it will be worth it. I also found that co sleeping with my daughter just ended up keeping us both awake. She's a noisy sleeper and so am I. Good luck with everything, I know how exhausted you must feel. I'm right there with you!
  • It is a little young to do sleep training.  I am just now getting sleep because P just started consistently STTN a few months ago.  It is tough, let me tell you.  I don't really have any advice.  I am sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a 2 week old and we co-sleep... I don't see my sleeping getting any better anytime soon. I just figured out how to sleep with her on me. lol. They are just too young to be on a set "schedule".
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm new here too and have a two month old who is going through a growth spurt because she used to sleep for at least a 4-5 hour stretch initially from 10p until 2a or so...but now gets up every 2-3 hours. 

I am not having trouble with the during the night stuff (we co-sleep and I BF for about 15 mins when she wakes up and then she and I go right back to sleep) but it is the getting her to go to bed that is starting to really wear on me.  She hardly slept at all during the day today and is so tired yet keeps falling asleep and then waking up (she's in her bouncy - doesn't like her crib that much)....I asked her dad to come over and help (that's how desperate I am) but he just b!tched that he has work in the morning so I just hung up on him....sigh...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD woke up every 1-3 hours for 3 straight months and then she started sleeping longer and longer stretches and by 4-5 months she was STTN 95% of the time hang in there. 

• I don't really have much advice to give you because DS still gets up during the night, but I can say you get used to it! I was exhausted when he was about that age but I'm going on 5 months now and it's become easier, though coffee in the morning helps Stick out tongue. Hang in there and good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"