Babies on the Brain

First hormonal breakdown, check

Long story super short, my boss's boss is apparently stuck on hating my classroom and my boss told me that I need to take down the art and such off my wall (among other random things that don't need to be fixed, or have already been fixed, but just are never right).  I fought for it for about 20 minutes or so and obviously lost (with the concession that "we'll talk about it again in a few months").  :eyeroll:

My cw was taking down the art and the stuff while I was on lunch and when I came back, one of my kids asked "Ballsox, if we take down the pictures, our room won't be beautiful anymore!" 

On the way home, I was telling H about the whole thing and I got to that part and I lost it.  

:-(  I still feel silly about crying about it, but it still pisses me off.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: First hormonal breakdown, check

• Dude, your first one was at 27 weeks? I need to make sure my H doesn't see this.

That sucks that you had to take everything down. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, this was like full out sobbing as I drove down the road, should have pulled over--snorting and choking for air breakdown.  

I had random sniffly moments before now, but this was just messy and ugly.   

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry Balls!

what type of artwork was it? And why do they want it taken down?

• I don't know why anyone would want things taken OFF the walls! Lame.

I shall comfort you with a bear hug and a reminder that hockey season is just around the corner.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs_b_2007:

I'm sorry Balls!

what type of artwork was it? And why do they want it taken down?

I had different calender pages (some abstract, some photographs, etc) laminated and put up.  I had funny pictures from magazines I'd cut out (including the cat from the cat litter ad that's doing the potty dance--which I cut out and put up on the wall near the bathroom door where the kids lined up to use the bathroom when the it was full--which they LOVED and thought was *hilarious*) put up in places around the room.  

The biggest one, which pissed me off the most, was 12 calendar pictures of the seasons (from a calendar called----"seasons") which I put up with the month labels from a kids calendar (like the one that says "July"  with rockets on either side) on the wall to make a giant picture calendar.  The kids could tell you "Christmas comes on the first snow month!" and "It's time for the leaves to change!"  etc.  She told me that it's not developmentally appropriate for my room.  I told her that she could pull any of my kids from my old class and ask them about it and they could tell you various holiday/month correlations (for example--they knew my baby was coming in the first snow month which was x months from now).  

Ok, long answer, but as you can tell, I'm still worked up :-P  

I trimmed around it so it was just the cat, but this is what I'm talking about.  My kids LOVED it and so did the parents.  It was a visual clue to help them to remember where to stand (as most of them were doing that dance themselves if they were waiting for one of our two potties)  

• I love all of it!

screw your bosses boss!

what grade do you teach? I wish I had a cool teacher like you!! :)

• imagemrs_b_2007:

I love all of it!

screw your bosses boss!

what grade do you teach? I wish I had a cool teacher like you!! :)

I have the 3/4 year old room, which is another reason why I had all of those art pictures and various people/animals, etc.  I was trying to expose them to new stuff.  

I told my boss "ok, so I get not posting some of the random stuff---it's not as intentional as other stuff, more entertainment, but the calendar is put where it is, why it is and displayed how it is for a reason.  Every aspect of that thing was intentional and the kids get it."  I make it a point to speak up only when something bugs me, if I agree or don't care, I let it slide.  That way when I do care, it's obvious.  She just kept saying "I have no doubt your kids understand it and enjoy it, but it's not developmentally appropriate"  :headdesk:  If they get it, how is it not developmentally appropriate?!?!

Fwiw, it makes me feel better that you think it sounds cool.  I hope parents complain how boring it looks, I'll direct their comments to the office.  :-P  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"