Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

102.1 fever, how serious is it?

For the past hour or so, DS has been feeling very warm.  I just took his temp before bed and it was 102.1.  He isn't acting sick at all, just really tired.  He took a long morning nap and then skipped his afternoon nap, so that explains why he just almost fell asleep in his high chair.  He's been a happy baby all day and hasn't shown any other signs of being ill.  Could this just be teething?  Or maybe he's warm because he's so tired?  Also, he's a warm-natured like his daddy, and I had pants on him earlier because he's been bruising his knees crawling around in shorts.  I took them off maybe 2-3 hours ago.  Could this maybe explain the fever?  I gave him some tylenol before bed and of course I'll check his temp again in the morning.  Would you be worried?  I don't know what's considered a serious fever for a 1 yr old.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 102.1 fever, how serious is it?

• Options

This happened to H a couple of weeks ago.  He was so happy, but had a 102 fever for about 4 days.  Pedi looked at his throat and said it was a little red and there are a lot of viruses going around right now.

I would just continue to give Tylenol or Motrin (or both rotating every 3 hours) and if it doesn't go away for a couple of days call the pedi. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DS had a 103.8 fever on a Friday at 5:00 p.m. and the pedi said to come in the next morning.  Before going in, they said to use tylenol suppositories.  They said they would not worry about taking him in unless he either became much less responsive (lethargic), inconsolable, or his fever approached 106.  Turned out to be roseola.

Hope your LO feels better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"