Cloth Diapering
Options

T-minus two weeks and need HELP!

I just started looking into cloth diapers but am 38 weeks so don't have time to slowly research and build up a collection.  

So I started out looking at AIO...But am now looking into prefolds with covers

I was looking at indian prefolds with thirsties covers, and using some hemp doublers for overnight if LO is a heavy wetter. I found a package with 30 prefolds, 4 covers..

I was also going to buy 3-4 few kissaluvs fitted OR the kissaluv contour hybrids...  And maybe an extra cover or two?

This is all for the first few months, and then I would have to decide what to do after that...

Any advice on my stash so far?? (its in the cart still lol) 

And advice on what to use after?... Like whether to buy bigger prefolds and covers, or switch to AIO, or pockets...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: T-minus two weeks and need HELP!

• Options

First off, you're adorable in your signature photo!

Anyways, I'm 37 weeks, we have been building our stash (this is our first LO). That sounds like a good amount to start. We have 36 unbleached Indian prefolds, 6 covers, and several AIO. I'm also going to get fleece covers (to keep LO drier during the night). I think it's good to start though, just anticipate to keep building (I got mine in one sizes so hopefully they'll last).

Also remember CD detergent and care things :)

(From what I've read, you can just use prefolds, but the AIO's are for my husband, hehe).

• Options

I was on the GMD site and found their newborn fitted diapers made out of prefold material... they are adorable and i think they will be easy enough for the occasional caretaker so I think I'll get 8-10 of those. 

Maybe I need a few more covers, but I do have a little stash of disposables I can use at first before I buy more I guess.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemollylila:

I was on the GMD site and found their newborn fitted diapers made out of prefold material... they are adorable and i think they will be easy enough for the occasional caretaker so I think I'll get 8-10 of those. 

Maybe I need a few more covers, but I do have a little stash of disposables I can use at first before I buy more I guess.  

Just keep in mind that a baby averages about 10-12 diapers a day. You want enough to a least keep you washing every other day :)

• Options

Hello! It is awesome that you are excited about cding! We do it, and LOVE it! That being said, ease yourself into it...being a new mom can be overwhelming and a lot at once! I'm sure you know that, but just don't stress if you end up using disposables at first!

Honestly, I wasn't feeling 'up' to cding until DS was 4 months old, at that point, one day I was like hey, I'm ready to try this :) DS is now almost 13 months old and we exclusively cd. We have 26 bgs and I'm just now starting to look at other options. You have some time :) Best of luck, you'll do great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"