Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Napping issues @ 22 mos.

I would say that twice a week or so my daughter completely refuses to sleep during her afternoon nap time - she will talk to herself and play, whine a bit, etc.  I will usually go to her about 20 min. later to try to settle her down but that never works.  Then I end up giving her some books to look at and she will stay in there for another half hour or so pretty contentedly.  Last night she got almost 12 hours of sleep, so I think she's just not that tired.

I put her down around 1 PM and if she does fall asleep she'll sleep for 2+ hours.

Should I stop questioning and just allow her to sleep when she wants?  She gave up her morning nap fairly early...around a year.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Napping issues @ 22 mos.

• Options
    NJLHNJLH member
    My 22 month olds have been fighting naps too. Unfortunately, they dont sleep so great at night either! I wish they would entertain themselves in the cribs but they usually scream to come out. I guess if she's not that tired, a little playtime in the crib isnt a bad thing!
  • Options

imageExpectantSteelerFan:
    t I would try giving her more than 20 minutes before going in, unless she's screaming.  She might just need a little longer to settle.  Honestly, if she seemed content, I would leave her for up to an hour, and at that point if she didn't sleep at all, oh well, she still got quiet resting time.

This.

SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"