January 2011 Moms

How jealous & gift-grabby is this?

DH's older brother has been together/living with the same woman for about 8-9 years. She's acted jealous of me ever since DH asked me to marry him. She got really mad about our engagement at first, b/c DH is 7 or 8 years younger than his brother and was engaged, but BIL has never hinted about getting her a ring. Then she got pregnant & was happy b/c she had the first grandson in DH's family. SIL and I threw her a beautiful baby shower even though she was very rude, nasty, & insulting to us. Her family didn't throw her a shower b/c they all live on the other side of the country.

She's now pregnant again, due about 2 months after me. Recently she started whining about how nobody's offered to throw her a baby shower, and asked MIL if SIL and I were planning to throw her another shower.

OK, we threw her a shower 2 years ago. The shower was Winnie the Pooh themed. She wanted it that way so it would be gender neutral. She still has all her baby stuff from her DS. She also knows that 2nd showers only happen in DH's family if a baby is born more than 5 years after its older siblings. She's just being jealous & gift-grabby, and she wants all the attention about having a first baby again b/c the family is throwing me a shower. She HAS to constantly be the center of attention and can't stand to give up that post. She hasn't even sppoken to me or SIL since she announced her pregnancy, and she was extremely nasty & insulting to me when DH & I announced our pregnancy.  
So... why exactly would we throw her another shower?

Re: How jealous & gift-grabby is this?

• Wow what a jerk.  I don't know what proper etiquette is for 2nd showers, but assuming you will get one from someone you're a b!tch to isn't gonna happen.  Also, if she's 2 months behind you then she's just 3 months, why would anyone be talking showers this early?  She's a douche!
  • I wouldn't!! I wouldn't normally throw a shower for a 2nd baby, especially if that's the way she's acting!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think your family needs to tell her to stop being such a b*tch, and that she's not getting a shower :)
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Wow, what a gift grabby biotch. If I were you and she asked me why I wasn't throwing her a shower I'd tell her that she is unpleasant to me, I threw her one two years ago, and she doesn't keep in regular contact with me and I would throw in for good measure that your family doesn't throw second showers unless it's been more than five years in between each child. Does your MIL like her or get along with her? What was her response to her tacky request for a shower?
  • Yeah she needs to suck it up and realize she should not be getting another shower.
  • imagestbmittleman:
    Wow, what a gift grabby biotch. If I were you and she asked me why I wasn't throwing her a shower I'd tell her that she is unpleasant to me, I threw her one two years ago, and she doesn't keep in regular contact with me and I would throw in for good measure that your family doesn't throw second showers unless it's been more than five years in between each child. Does your MIL like her or get along with her? What was her response to her tacky request for a shower?

MIL doesn't really like her but she tries to be accepting for her son's (BIL's) sake. She's been complaining to MIL about the lack of a 2nd shower, since she refuses to talk to me or SIL right now. (She's mad at SIL b/c SIL gave us some baby stuff that her youngest DD doesn't use anymore.) MIL did tell her that she won't get a 2nd shower especially since she still has all of her DS's baby stuff. MIL said she just got mad & said she had to leave for work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"