Cincinnati Babies

online shopping and maternity clothes vent

I went to ON Sun to use my coupon and I did find a few nice maternity tops for myself.....but I was a moron to think they would actually sell LONG size jeans in the store.  They don't even sell long sizes in non-maternity sizes.  I was so bummed but just resigned myself to try the Gap Outlet again in a few weeks.  Then I saw on FB that ON and Gap have 30% off codes for today (SAVENOW.....in case you are wondering) and free shipping if you spend over $50 (ONSHIP50 or GAPSHIP50).  I was so excited and thought I'll just buy a few pair and take them back to the store if they don't fit...I'm not out any money because I wouldn't have to pay shipping.  Of course both stores have disclaimers that their jeans are return by mail only ....for a flat shipping fee of course.  REALLY????  Are tall people not supposed to wear maternity clothes???!!!!Super Angry 
Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: online shopping and maternity clothes vent

• Oh I can feel your pain but not about long sizes about plus sizes. Do companies believe that the only people who get pregnant are in normal sizes, that plus size (or tall) women never get pregnant and thus won't ever have to clothe a pregnant body? I purchased several things from ON online and some just don't fit that well, but honestly I paid like 6 bucks a top and by the time I go through the hassel of mailing them back and paying for shipping, what's the point?

But seriously, why can't they have some of these items in-store. Finding plus and I'm sure finding tall clothes that fit well is a pain in the butt and you never know how something is going to fit until you can try it on.

Okay my venting is over. This was a great post, even though we're both frustrated beyond belief.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the double whammy I need plus and short!  That's a hard combination to come by in anything that doesn't look like grandma pants.  Thanks for posting about the 30% off.  I totally fell asleep before I could buy my ON stuff this weekend and was kicking myself.  But add in free shipping and that is perfect.  Glad I waited.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, I totally agree.  I got some long jeans at the Gap Outlet when I was pregnant with Brady, but it seems like their selection is so much more limited right now.  Ugh.  I get so angry when I can't find pants that are long enough.  Is 5'11" really that gigantic?
    Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"