Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

For those that buy clothes for LO a season ahead...

What size are you buying for next summer.  I am debating whether I should be buying 2T or 3T for next summer.  DS is really tall but really skinny.  At his 18 month checkup he was 95% for height and 40% for weight and he has grown quite a bit since then but asnt gained much weight.  He is wearing 24m right now and I have 2T clothes lined up for him for fall/winter, but I am not sure what to do about summer clothes.  I have yet to buy him any clothes in-season, I always buy them a year ahead in order to save money.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those that buy clothes for LO a season ahead...

• Oh man I *just* banned myself from buying clothes a season ahead even though it's so tempting with all the good sales out there. After dd hit about 1 her sizing has been totally wacky. BUT if I were to shop I'd probably do 2T since their growth will only continue to slow down a bit. 
  • DS will be 2 in April & I plan to buy him 24 month or 2T for next summer. He's always been right on in sizing though, it's a little big at first it lasts him the whole season.
  • Loading the player...
  • If he's wearing 24 month right now I would buy 3T for next summer.  In my experience 2T isn't much different than 24 month so 9 months from now I'm sure he will be in 3T. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatypresson:
    If he's wearing 24 month right now I would buy 3T for next summer.  In my experience 2T isn't much different than 24 month so 9 months from now I'm sure he will be in 3T. 

This. I know some brands 24m and 2T are literally the same (Target's Circo for instance), and others the difference in negligible. Even Carter's, which says their sizes are vastly different, aren't. I held up multiple items at the store over the weekend and compared - 24m and 2T shirts are nearly identical, and the 2T pants were just a tiny bit longer.

I have heard that 24m pants often have a little extra room in the butt for a diaper.  

I would go with 3T. The great thing about summer clothes is you can layer them up for colder months if necessary. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely 2T for us. DS is a very steady grower, and a little on the small side. He has always hovered around 50% for height, and 25% for weight.

• I did 2T. DD is just now getting out of some of her 12 months stuff and moving into 18 months, so I think we'll be ok. The weird thing is that her 18-24 month stuff for winter looks HUGE so I dunno. I also for some reason bought her 2T Heavier winter stuff and I have NO clue why... lol  So that'll most likely be huge on her... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always like to have things on the big side, not the small side. Especially with summer stuff because who cares if shorts are a little long?

Right now DS is in 18 month clothes, I am buying 18-24 month stuff for the winter and 3T for next summer. Hopefully he will get some use out of it.

I agree with ppers who said you can always layer shirts if he doesn't fit into them by summer you can use the short sleeved over long sleeved thermals for next fall or winter. 

• DD is just moving into 24 month clothes now, so I figure she'll be in that for the winter.  I was thinking that 2T would work for next summer because I'm assuming that she will just be getting taller and thinner between now and then.  Her Grandmothers have been buying her 3T stuff for next summer, so I guess we shall see what happens. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DS is 2 and he wore 2T and 24 months this summer.  If it is shorts, than I would compare the waist and make a decision from that.  There isn't even much difference between 2T and 3T for some sizes, but there is a little extra length on pants.  I bought him 3T for next summer.  He will be 3 in April.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"