Babies on the Brain

Is this normal?

Every time Katie latches on I have searing pain on my nipples. And this pain continues throughout the feeding. Normal? Not normal? I will be calling the lactation consultant in the morning.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is this normal?

• I would say not normal.  I get a couple seconds of pain right when she latches on, but it goes away and there is no pain for the rest of the feeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not normal, sounds like a bad latch. Definitely call tonight if you can, see if there are any on at the hospital you can speak to or go in and see. The sooner the latch is fixed the better.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageizzybella:
    Not normal, sounds like a bad latch. Definitely call tonight if you can, see if there are any on at the hospital you can speak to or go in and see. The sooner the latch is fixed the better.

This.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • A good visual an LC gave me: when you're eating a big sandwich, you usually start with your jaw and bring your mouth up and over the sandwich. That's how the baby should latch-- start with the bottom jaw and roll her head forward onto your breast. She should also have her head tilted back like she was taking a long, big drink. Imagine chugging water-- you don't do it head down, you tilt your head back.
  • Thanks for the tip izzy i'm going to give that a try at our next feeding. Hopefully that does the trick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"