Trouble TTC

Canceled cycle...cysts... :-(

What a crazy day.  It was our first staff day of the year, and I had to be at work by 8:30.  I'm usually in and out of these CD3 appts in 10 minutes.  Well their computer system was down today at the RE's office, and even though I got there just before 7:20 (thinking I'd be EARLY to work) I didn't leave until just after 8am!  (My work is 30 minutes away with NO traffic.)  I was so stressed out the whole time I was there--they weren't keeping track of who got in first, so 2 girls went in ahead of me who got there after me--Seriously NOT the day for them to not have their crap together.

Anyway I left the RE's office feeling like I was going to get bad news since the doctor found a cyst on each ovary...and my phone call in the afternoon confirmed that feeling.  I'm confused though because my hormone levels seemed fine??  Estrogen was 81?!  So it doesn't appear that the cysts are producing hormones?  (My last canceled cycle, my estrogen was 309 on day 3!)  I need to call tomorrow to speak to MY nurse since the one who called me is the one I've never had luck with.  When I answered the phone she said, "I'm calling to remind you that this is a rest cycle."  Um, what?  I didn't know it was a rest cycle?

<sigh>  Racing around this morning, spending all day in the 90+ degree heat in my non-air-conditioned building, getting this news...  I'm spent.

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Canceled cycle...cysts... :-(

• So sorry!  Cysts are a real pain in the a$$.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope you can get some more answers tomorrow.  I am so sorry your cycle is being cancelled.  ((hugs)) Are they talking about putting you on BCPs to shrink the cysts or are they just wanting you to wait them out?

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry :(
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Damn cysts.  I'm sorry you have to wait out this cycle.
  • I'm sorry - that is crazy annoying!!
  • Oh noooo!!!  I can't believe that happened!  What is with these damn cysts we have?  I really hope you can talk to your nurse and maybe things can go differently. How frustrating. :o(
  • Sorry for the crappy cysts. We had opening day too and I was 20 minutes late because my day 11 u/s was at 7am. And of course who did I walk right into, but my ex. ed. supervisor! Hope YOUR nurse has better information soon.

~Lindsey~
    Annovulation/Amenorrhea/Mild Endo Scarring

10 Cycles with Femera/Bravelle, even Clomid 1x + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone = 10 BFNs

4/2011 Bravelle + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone + HOPE = 1st BFP EDD 01/21/12

BabyFruit Ticker

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt
  • imagejillmatheny:
    Oh noooo!!!  I can't believe that happened!  What is with these damn cysts we have?  I really hope you can talk to your nurse and maybe things can go differently. How frustrating. :o(

I know...I'm not liking the pattern I'm starting to see.  I feel like I can only get one cycle in before I need to take a break because of a cyst!

I'm just confused though b/c the doctor had said "Unless they're producing hormone, they're fine" and my hormone levels are all in sync with what they've been other cycles I've gone through on?  Are they just worried that the shots will make the cysts get bigger and possibly rupture?  How do they know the cysts will go away?  (No I'm not being put on BC.)  Last time I had a cyst they made me do a trigger shot to force the cysts away on like CD5 and said I'd get my period 2 weeks later which I did.  Not this time...I have so many questions!

It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

• I'm so sorry umich! I hope it goes well with your nurse tomorrow.
  • I'm sorry hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow
  • imageUMichGirl:

I'm just confused though b/c the doctor had said "Unless they're producing hormone, they're fine" and my hormone levels are all in sync with what they've been other cycles I've gone through on?  Are they just worried that the shots will make the cysts get bigger and possibly rupture?  How do they know the cysts will go away?  (No I'm not being put on BC.)  Last time I had a cyst they made me do a trigger shot to force the cysts away on like CD5 and said I'd get my period 2 weeks later which I did.  Not this time...I have so many questions!

Ugh I wish I knew. They didn't tell me anything other than that mine was 21mm and they'd check my estradiol levels to let me know if I had to sit it out.  Make sure you let us know what your nurse says tomorrow... I'm nervous about going on with mine but I don't want to sit out, either!

• imagejillmatheny:
    imageUMichGirl:

Ugh I wish I knew. They didn't tell me anything other than that mine was 21mm and they'd check my estradiol levels to let me know if I had to sit it out.  Make sure you let us know what your nurse says tomorrow... I'm nervous about going on with mine but I don't want to sit out, either!

Yeah I want to say mine were 22 and maybe 18?  Ugh I hate the whole IF process.  I feel like the month of September is a complete waste now.  Yeah we can 'try on our own' but that's not going to do any good.

I'm glad your cyst wasn't producing any hormone though!  How'd your shot go last night?

• So sorry. I hope that you get more info from your nurse tomorrow!
  • That sucks, I hope you get some anwsers tomorrow from your nurse.
  • I'm so sorry:(  Cysts are just not fair!!  Sorry you had to deal with all the craziness today too.  Just adds insult to injury:(
  • So sorry to hear about your day.  Here's hoping things start looking up for you soon.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Oh no!  I am sorry hon.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Sorry to hear that. I'm resting this cycle for the same reason No
  • I am sorry, sweetie :(

• I'm so sorry about your cysts!  I've been nervous all month that I'll go in for my baseline appt to start IUI and they'll tell me I have a cyst. 

Crossing my fingers yours shrink fast!

• I'm so sorry about your cysts.  I hope they shrink up quickly and you are able to get some answers from your nurse. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"