Trying to Get Pregnant

OPK Help

Today is the first day I have tested using OPK, so please excuse my ignorance.....

I believe I received a + OPK today for the first time.  But I am a little weary because a) I am on CD 42 with no sign of O or AF b) I new to OPK's and I am not sure I am reading it right.  So could you please offer you opinions on my OPK?  I am unsure if the second line is dark enough to be classified as a +.  I *think* it is but I am unsure if it's wishful thinking on my part!  I mean, it seems too good to be true to have a + OPK on my first test after 42 days of low temps.  

And I should offer another apology.  I am a new Mac Computer owner and I don't know how to PIP or make a link clicky......

https://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=9a114cf537ce51d16276141d224b0f78&sid=0EZtGrlozbsXzQ 

TIA!   

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism

Re: OPK Help

• It's kinda hard to tell - the color isn't showing up great on the picture.  I think it looks negative though.  :(  Sorry!  Hump it out though and keep trying!

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree, I is negative, sorry hun. But not a bad idea to hump it out!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepsubride1012:
    It's kinda hard to tell - the color isn't showing up great on the picture.  I think it looks negative though.  :(  Sorry!  Hump it out though and keep trying!

Thanks for the feedback, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear!  

One more question - why would you say it's negative?  If it's + would the second line much darker than the control?  Again, sorry for the ignorance, I am new to OPKs.  I have tried to Google pics of + OPK's but nothing answered my questions.  

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • I can't see the pic to tell you if I think it's - or +....but I know of a great site with lots of pics to compare it too.

www.amandabears.com

When I take a OPK and it's +..it's totally obvious....the test line starts  showing up right away and it's usually darker, or the same color as the control. Now, when I take them, if the test line doesn't start to show right away I don't even wait the 3 min to see if it comes up.

• I think it's negative too. But, by the looks of things I wouldn't be surprised if you get a positive in a day or two because it looks pretty close.
    BFP: 6/4/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 7/12/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 1/5/11, M/C @ 4wks
    Unexplained secondary infertility...bleh. Gave it a few more tries and BFP on 3/31
    #1 Beta @ 10DPO: 9 #2 Beta @ 14DPO: 194
    My BFP Chart Lilypie Maternity tickersimage
  • imageparker163:

I can't see the pic to tell you if I think it's - or +....but I know of a great site with lots of pics to compare it too.

www.amandabears.com

When I take a OPK and it's +..it's totally obvious....the test line starts  showing up right away and it's usually darker, or the same color as the control. Now, when I take them, if the test line doesn't start to show right away I don't even wait the 3 min to see if it comes up.

Thanks for the link! 

Baby Macy is here!

• imageparker163:

This is the same for me.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"